Spotify for Android should auto resume automatically when A2DP (Bluetooth) connection is establisehd

Currently:

Everytime my phone connects to bluetooth and I want to listen my music, I have to start spotify manually, go to the playlist and select a song and push play.

Wish:

Like other apps (PowerAMP) it would be great, if spotify automatically resumes playing when BT A2DP connection was established.

pre-condition would be saving last position.

see: 

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Spotify-for-Android-should-remember-last-played-song-a...

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated: 2015-11-17

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
TommyGator

I have BT Car stereo,  Braven Speaker, and Logitech Wireless H800 Headset I use at work. 

Has anyone got a solution to  Auto Connect to nearest (or priority list) BT device and auto start and play spotify from last song or playlist.   I'd love to turn off the truck, then walk into the office and reconnect to headset and pickup where I left off on a playlist/queue/album. 

When I turn off the truck at home same thing for my Braven Speaker-  just auto connect and start playing. 

This would make me very happy!

Darkimmortal

This app is a perfect workaround until Spotify add an official option: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cp2.start.and.play.music.player

TommyGator

Thanks - This works good and autostarts the last playlist when I turn a BT Device on.   Not so good if you leave the BT device on.  

Darkimmortal

I've found the previous solution I offered doesn't actually work reliably. With my Pioneer head unit it causes bluetooth connection failures most of the time.

Using Tasker, I've found a much better solution: http://danny.gb.net/tasker-autoplay-spotify-playlist/

Plus it even lets you play a specific playlist by default, and to make a more specific condition to start playing than simply bluetooth connected.

paulsliffe

+1 needed for IOS

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated: 2015-11-17

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!