Spotify is starting with Windows.

I'm not sure what the hell is going on, but Spotify is starting when my Windows boots. Surely this must be a bug, and I would like to request that a vote be taken to disable this functionality.

Now, I see an entry within the Settings, "Open Spotify", which has a dropdown where I can specify that Spotify starts "Minimized", "Yes", or "No". However, I believe this is a bug as well. Surely offering this option to users is against the spirit of Spotify, and is unintentional. I believe that Spotify should not start with windows, and that there should be no option made available to allow Spotify to start with windows. I would like this option removed, and I would like Spotify removed from Windows startup. Please begin the vote process so we can get this bug corrected.

In support of my proposal, I would like to cite the issue of minimizing Spotify to the system tray. As you all know, the ability to minimize Spotify to the system tray was recently removed by the fine and brilliant folks on the development team. And of course as we all know, offering a similar solution such as a dropdown within the settings page to specify the behavior of the X button would be utterly and completely ridiculous, and fully outside the realm of possibility for reasonable ladies and gentlemen such as ourselves. After all, offering a similar dropdown labeled "Minimize Spotify" with options such as "Taskbar" and "System Tray" would be stupid and primitive.

I am sure I will find we are all in complete agreement on this issue, so a vote is probably qutie unnecessary, but for the sake of those who may feel that having Spotify start with Windows is a good idea, I suppose it would be best to go ahead and hold the vote. Something like 0.02% of the userbase should be enough of a sample size on which to make a valid and informed decision, so I don't expect the voting process to take very long.

Thank you in advance for your immediate addressing of this issue, I look forward to a hotfix patch within the next few days removing this glaringly obvious bug within Spotify's software, and to Spotify no longer starting when Windows starts.

*edit*

Where should I go to collect my bounty for discovering this bug?

Updated: 2015-03-18

Hey there! This is not a bug, there has always been the option to let Spotify start when booting up the PC. A lot users actually prefer to let Spotify start automatically (I am one of those). There exists an idea that the automatic stat should not be the default option: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Do-not-alter-user-s-startup-login-items-without-asking/i... Please add your kudos and comments there. Thanks!

0 Likes
Comments
Community Legend
Status changed to: Duplicate
Updated: 2015-03-18

Hey there! This is not a bug, there has always been the option to let Spotify start when booting up the PC. A lot users actually prefer to let Spotify start automatically (I am one of those). There exists an idea that the automatic stat should not be the default option: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Do-not-alter-user-s-startup-login-items-without-asking/i... Please add your kudos and comments there. Thanks!