Star and Save coexisting?

I used to star songs as a way to be able to, at a quick glance, see what were my favourite tracks on an album or in a playlist while scrolling through or just browsing around my playlists or artists profile pages. It used to be a fun and easy way to help myself remeber what tracks I liked. It used to be a great aid in remebering and (re)discover great music.

I used to. It used to.

Why can't Star and Save coexist next to each other?

Although the starred playlist is still there, it really doesn't do anything anymore now does it? I've longed for the Your Music feature for so long because I want to be able to save albums and actually have them sorted by artist in an easy and attractive way. But I think it was a big mistake removing the starring feature and thinking Your Music would replace it rather than compliment each other.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hey there!

A similar idea has already been suggested here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Bring-Back-Starred-Playlists-System/idi-p/729851

It has been discussed within the Spotify Team in charge and it has sadly been decided that this idea will not be implemented any time soon. However, Spotify will revisit those idea topics from time to time, so hopefully it will be implemented in the future. ;)

Related Ideas

Comments
dbass51
Roadie

Stupefy down grade as usual

idiots will win out it seems

thrasbarg
Music Fan

I'm so freaking disappointed right now! This is a joke! You gotta be kidding me? Right!? Huh?

Showing the checkmark at all times solves the problem of the disappearance of the stars? You are kidding me, right? 

Tell me this - if I Save a couple of songs on an album those songs appear in my Your Music and that actually works as stars used to do, I'll give you that  at least. Then when I go and Save that entire album there's no way for me to tell which particular songs I like the most because, guess what, all the songs on that album now has checkmarks! How is that even remotley convenient or even user friendly? It's a mess! What good is it to me to see that every single song on an album is saved? It's clutter! Worse than ever before. What were you thinking? I want to see if I've saved an album or if I've checked a couple of songs I particularly like on an album, saved or not saved. How hard could that be?

This is a disaster and a kick in the balls for many Premium users. Yeah, actual paying customers, you like those don't you? Inovation is good. Evolution necessary. I'm fine with change. I encourage change. But removing features without notice and not giving a better option is not ok. That's just plain stupid and arrogant and you can tell yourselves you did the right thing and pigheadedly stick to it no matter what but it'll hurt you. My trust in you is hurt. You're hurting the ones who feed you.

I have a strong suspicion you simply recoded the star function into Your Music , though that's another story, but it would explain the utter unwillingness to roll back or even admit you got it wrong. I mean, nothing much else changed with "the big update", except now it's black and got some new typography. The desktop app is still the same as before, same layout, same navigation - it's all the same! Don't try to tell me otherwise. It's boring, faceless, impersonal and it lacks the stars... Well done, bravo.

kidwheeler
Casual Listener

I wanna be able to 'star' or 'save' or 'add to playlist' with one tap. I usually star individual tracks and save whole albums so i'm really not sure why the three methods of saving music cannot coexist at the same time. oh and while we're at it, can we please bring back the swipe left to delete action in the star list?? 

Jo

But you do understand, don't you, that a one-click 'save to Your Music' doesn't even come close to doing what the stars used to? I am also wondering why I don't see the option to give kudos on this thread anymore. 

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hey there!

A similar idea has already been suggested here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Bring-Back-Starred-Playlists-System/idi-p/729851

It has been discussed within the Spotify Team in charge and it has sadly been decided that this idea will not be implemented any time soon. However, Spotify will revisit those idea topics from time to time, so hopefully it will be implemented in the future. ;)