Starred + Playlist + Album + Artist = Your Music!

If it was my decision, I would turn Your Music into this:

- Keeping Album and Artist the way it is now.

- Replace Songs by Starred. Who want to add songs invidually to collection? Not many. Who want to add the songs we love to collection by starring them? I think everyone :D. Talking about concept, the songs I liked, starred must be in my Your Music, rather than songs from aldums I saved.

With this, we only need Save/ Add to collection button for Album! Star button remains like they used to. Everyone is happy.

- Add Playlist tab to Your Music. Putting playlists on the right is convinient for drag and drop but not very good for browse playlists, especially when you have tons of them. Adding Playlist tab to Your Music, we can have a great view of playlists with their cover! Image better than text in this case.

I think this will turn current Your Music into a Truely Your Music :).

Updated: 2015-04-10

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
etherealdeviant
Music Fan

I personally am enjoying the change, but I can totally empathize with people who don't want to have to manually add. 

hmmm...      :/

Community Legend

Me too, but I still think they can make it even better and I believe they will :)

Top Star
Top Star
Status changed to: New Idea

Rollo_
Signed Artist

There are a lot of opinions out there on how it should have been done, most all valid ones.  Maybe they should have just have just auto-coverted Starred into Songs and be done with it, while keeping a Starred folder for at least a couple of version updates.

Regardless, the new feature both adds and removes some functionality and ease of use.  Keep the best and fix the rest.

narmscr
Concert Regular

Starred is still adding songs individually....always has been. Just use songs like starred and you wont have issues.

SolidTyler
Regular

I jumped into the new spotify unaware of all the new changes and I am kind of frustrated after adding a bunch of new songs with the new plus button instead of stars and they are not in my "Songs" tab for some reason.  I don't know if that was intended or not but I am only able to find them under albums or artists.  This really frustrates me because i dont care about the artist or albums tab i just want all my songs in one place where I can scroll down a list and they are all there.  I dont want to go into each album/artist and back out again to search through all my songs. (gets extremely tedious)  Now making new playlists will take forever because of this.  So, I agree with the creator of this post!  Plz do as he says, or the world of men will fail as we know it.

Gosku
Music Lover

I can't agree more with pnc. I would exchange the + button for the "star" button for individual songs. It has not sense to add a song to Your Music, specially when the Songs tab includes every song you have in Your Music. I would like to have tabs for Artist, Albums and Songs, and also a special treatment for the Starred playlist (a star button in every song, so you can add them quickly to your Starred list).

icemaker
Radio Star

That would be perfect.

Top Star
Top Star
Status changed to: Inactive Idea
Updated: 2015-04-10

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!