'Start Song Radio' on current song should NOT restart it

Let us start a radio for the song that is currently playing without starting the song from the beginning.

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2017-05-31

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. ;)

kelwynsa8
Can this please be implemented, coming from Google Play Music, where it was a standard feature.
homerguy
Casual Listener

I too am coming from Google Music, its a useful feature. The transition feels better, it seems basic but it actually enhances the experience as you dont get abrupt stops.

+1 Kudo

Discoaaron
Casual Listener

I came here specifically to request this feature! Would love it so much!
BUMP BUMP BUMP

CSmooth
I kind of like "running it back" actually...
k_caers

How is this still not implemented, just horrible design. Comming from google music this is a serious let down....

CSmooth
Go To Radio exists in mobile and it's awesome!! I love all the "Go To" functionality specifically because it no longer disrupts the listening flow, as well allows to peek and prod around what songs are related. Should be on desktop/web player too, but definitely my favorite feature on the mobile client.

Way to address @TweedBeedle's issue :)
jcox2030

Adding this feature would increase the fit and finish of the app. It's a bit jarring to have the song start over.

Thanks Spotify!

CSmooth

^^^Yup, and just to reiterate this does already exist in the mobile application in the form of "Go to Radio".

rbroh

Well, it's 2017 and this still hasn't happened.  Should be SOOOOOOO easy.