Stats about your playlist

Maybe because of my marketing background, but I just love stats!  I'd love to see the feature where one can see some basic stats about own playlists created: number of plays per day/week/month/ever - location of listeners - most played song - least played song...

Since most playlists are pretty static, it's not necessary to subscribe to them (you can just drag them to your playlist column). This means the number of 'subscribers' isn't that very meaningful.

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Playlists-Statistics-and-Analytics-for-Playlists/idi-p/1...

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
eikeberg

In collaborative playlists the stat would be very usefull. @work we haver a playlist containing abount 750 songs. It would be nice to each 3 months if we delete the 50 least payed songs to make sure that the playlist contains the best music possible for all teammembers. 

steveOU3000
Music Fan

I would see this a little broader.  Provide the stats and then let me sort songs by those stats.  Maybe I want the hits, or maybe I want to listen to songs I've only listened to a couple times. 

ackebaver
The Nordic folksong community is represented on the web by national sites and local sites. To make it easy for visitors to get introduced to this music culture we are going to publish introductory playlists, for example "5 Norweigan songs you ought to have heard". We think Spotify is an excellent machine for this since it's perfectly legal and artists get payed. We would really appreciate stats for the playlists so that we can see if we're on the right track. Of cource we measure link clics on the site but without info about if people really listen or just leave directly we will be partly blind. I thing this way of marketing different musical culture around the globe also may help Spotify being exposed to new users.
Royco22
This is an excellent idea, especially the stats for most/least played song and how many times people play our playlists. These statistics can off course be anonymous.
kevinsheehan
Casual Listener

I would love this feature! Mostly I want to see play count information for my playlists but to see where in the world people are listening to my playlists from would also be incredibly interesting.

Jonassa

If there is anything Spotify misses, it's this. I guess there is a reason why stats are not available in Spotify, as I'm sure the developers must have considered it. Anyway, it would be incredible to be able to see what is most popular in a collaborative playlist. There could be an option to enable it per list, if privacy is a concern for certain lists. It could be an app. Also, more detailed personal listening statistics would be great. Today one has to scrobble to last.fm instead.

chacf1

we want stats in collaborative playlis NOW! (please)

:)

kamsky

Collaborated playlists are getting out of hand when everyone wants to add songs.

In public or collaboration of playlist, there should be statistic of songs that are played by followers: ranking and counts so that we will know what songs to remove and retain.

bgmdesigns

I would love to see this feature implemented. I think it promotes the social aspect of the app, as well as curating content for businesses who find that a collaborative playlist has certain favorites and some not as popular (increases quality/popularity of playlists within community).

In the "look at me" generation(i.e. ice bucket challenge's success), many are more open to sharing statistics or other aspects of the individual to their followers, friends or family; especially if stats about oneselves success or intreguing elements. 

From my perspective at least, todays day and age beckons/gravitates to transperancy whether corporate or otherwise, and I think it would be a good perk.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Playlists-Statistics-and-Analytics-for-Playlists/idi-p/1...

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!