Stop button! Does nobody miss the Stop button?

Is it just me? Am I the only one who longs to see that square blob of a 'Stop' button on digital playback devices and software? Why you may ask would you need a 'Stop' button when good old 'Pause' does the job just as well. Sadly 'Pause' does not do the job just as well, what 'Pause' does is what it says on the tin, it 'Pause's - so if you press play again you will start where you left off. What I want is to 'Stop' what I am playing, clear the queue and leave nothing in the 'ready to play' stack, all gone... in fact - STOPPED!! Sorry to shout, I apologise. But when you are the only person in the world who mourns the demise of the 'Stop' button from the music playing scene it can tend to get one a little irritated. I know it will never appear on the Spotify control bar, but I just had to say. Tonight is the millionth time in the last ten years or so I wanted to 'Stop' what I was playing and clear what my music playback device had queued for me and go to bed with a neat, tidy, EMPTY player! But instead what I must do is leave it all untidy and 'Paused'... aargh! Please, heed me dear Spotify - it isn't paused, I have finished with it, I want it empty! And on that note - goodnight! :smileyfrustrated:

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted over 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again!

Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
jayy
Roadie

I have to agree with you. I think music applications / software, has gotten LAZY! and I have to agree that I really miss the stop button, especially in with the radio...

Smilie

I want a stop button too, I keep hunting for a way to bring it back but I dont even think they have implemented the functionality - stop pauses, play pauses.

I bet this was a conscious decision and that the points we are raising are not considered to be important enough to clutter the spotify design with

Peter__
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea
Changed back to "new idea" status - once this idea reaches 40+ kudos the Spotify staff will review it again and decide on a new status. ~ Peter
weertt

Why there is no stop button? It messes with my last.fm functionality. If I pause in Spotify, winamp plays might not be picked up by last.fm. Really annoying.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted over 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again!

Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!