Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Stop price gouging, maybe?

Stop raising your price when the only change in my service in the past year is a constant pestering to listen to audiobooks. If I wanted books I'd read them, not listen to them through my former music service. Place audiobooks on a separate subscription tier so the vast majority of people using this service can enjoy their music at a reasonable price again. You're not offering me anything worth $20/month, ad block on Firefox works just fine with YouTube.

Updated on 2024-06-30

Hey @sh0gg0th,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely point 7: No pricing, subscription or content related requests.

Thanks for understanding.

Comments
Mitre226644

Everyone provider will raise prices, it’s clear that’s the path. 

I actually think they will offer some more options in their tiers in the near future as well- it’s a logical idea. 

Also are you on a family plan? The increase was a dollar a month- which you can have your own opinion on in terms of gouging, but just wanted to check. Everyone’s money is their own so I respect your stance regardless. 

I am interested in how this will play out so I’m paying attention and it’s a pretty pivotal point for Spotify as a brand and their future right now. They’re  appeasing their investors after a decade of being unprofitable, and battling Amazon, Google, and Apple for market share as those behemoths continue to leverage bundles and their hardware. 

Everyone has options at the end of the day. 

Eni
Status changed to: Closed - Doesn't Meet Requirements

Updated on 2024-06-30

Hey @sh0gg0th,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange!

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely point 7: No pricing, subscription or content related requests.

Thanks for understanding.