Announcements

Stop removing functionality - instead give us the option!

A similar thread was created and then closed even though it had plenty of kudos, so I will try to explain in detail my personal reasons for this request.

I find it strange that it is seen as a progression of the software when features are removed. Surely progression would be to give the user more control via an update, not take a feature away whether they like it or not. It seems that some of the community want these features removing, but the rest of us that have become accustomed to them or genuinely liked the initial design decisions are now suffering...

For example;

• I can no longer minimize the Windows desktop app to the tray, it has to stay in the task bar now. For someone who has a lot of windows up at once, it was very useful. Now I am constantly closing the app by mistake and have found myself using the app less now it is an app I have to keep physically open all of the time.
  • The Andoid app no longer lowers volume for notifications. I am no longer able to use Google Maps and Spotify together as I can no longer hear the directions given by Google Maps. The music just carries on playing over the top of the directions. This is the worst when you're genuinely lost and cannot make out what Google Maps is saying.

I am not asking for these changes to be reverted, I'm asking to be given the option in preferences/settings. Instead of just outright removing them and annoying a good chunk of the paying customer base.

There are plenty more changes that the community have already voiced in other threads, but these are the biggest ones for me personally. I know it's not as easy as I am saying, but surely instead of just removing the functionality altogether it would be better to have a global setting along with the others that enables/disables the functionality?!

Thanks

PS: Your forum doesn't highlight errors when submitting new ideas, the errors are in green! When a sites main colour is green, you cannot use the same colour to highlight an error!

Updated on 2017-05-31

Hi @kchoppin thanks for coming to the Spotify Community with your feedback. 

Whenever a Spotify feature is removed a considerable amount of data is taken into consideration. Often the features are used by less than 1% of our users, or we're updating the function altogether.

If you'd like to submit idea for the volume on notifications we can bring that specific request to our teams (the ability to minimize the app has already returned). However, it's impossible for us to promise that no functionality will ever be removed from Spotify again--we're constantly evolving to make the product better for all our users. 

Please continue to leave your feedback in the Idea Exchange in the form of comments and votes and we promise to keep bringing it to our internal teams. Thanks!

Comments
imnevrtelinu

I WOULD LIKE TO VOTE. WHERE ARE THE POLLS!

meahtenoha
Spotify
Spotify
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2017-05-31

Hi @kchoppin thanks for coming to the Spotify Community with your feedback. 

Whenever a Spotify feature is removed a considerable amount of data is taken into consideration. Often the features are used by less than 1% of our users, or we're updating the function altogether.

If you'd like to submit idea for the volume on notifications we can bring that specific request to our teams (the ability to minimize the app has already returned). However, it's impossible for us to promise that no functionality will ever be removed from Spotify again--we're constantly evolving to make the product better for all our users. 

Please continue to leave your feedback in the Idea Exchange in the form of comments and votes and we promise to keep bringing it to our internal teams. Thanks!