Subscribe to Artists - Upcoming Concerts in my area

I know that the "Subscribe to Artists" feature is being planned, so I have an additional feature that would make the artists happy.

What if all artists that I subscribed to were able to tell me about their next upcoming show in my area?  Not in a blast email about the entire upcoming tour, but in a targeted message, "Did you know the Lumineers are playing in Denver, CO on May 11th?  Click here for more information."

There exists a Spotify app called Songkick which does exactly this. Also the concerts are displayed on the artist pages and you get recommendations for concerts in your discover tab. ;)

Related Ideas

Comments
MattSuda
Community Legend

There is already something similar to this in Spotify. Click on the app finder and add the Songkick Concerts app. It will scan your library and tell you upcoming concerts for your favorite artists. You can make an account on the songkick website and get reminders thorugh email about upcoming concerts.

I would like to see further integration of this. Like maybe a popup or message displayed while you are listening to a song to let you know that they will be at a show near you soon. 

knapples

I specifically came to this board to post something on how Spotify should integrate with SongKick.  The applications have the same vibe and similar look.  It would be nice to see a small plugin section within the spotify application with songkick.  Perhaps this could be the key for association of similar artists, for instance if I liked say "Foo Fighters" and I wanted to hear similar artists spotify would recognize who Foo Fighters are currently (or previously) touring with?  Just a thought.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Changed back to "new idea" status - once this idea reaches 40+ kudos the Spotify staff will review it again and decide on a new status. ;)
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Case Closed

There exists a Spotify app called Songkick which does exactly this. Also the concerts are displayed on the artist pages and you get recommendations for concerts in your discover tab. ;)