[Subscription] Allow users to change the date of subscription payment

I asked Spotify today if I could change the dates my monthly subscription is debited from my paypal account (like I have done with many other subscription services, phone bill, gym membership, etc.).

However, in order for a Spotify user to do this, we would need to:

'To change your billing date, first cancel your Premium subscription here. (You'll still have your account; it just reverts to Free when the time you've already paid for is up.)

Then, upgrade again to Premium on the date you’d like to be charged from then on.

As a head's up, your account will need to remain on our Free service until the date you'd like the new billing to start. If you upgrade before your previous billing cycle has ended, your billing date will remain the same as before.' Copied from conversation with Patrick C - 24/03/17 12:50pm

Very long winded and not acceptable. Can this not be as simplistic as contacting service providers and informing customer services your wishes and a really nice person saying 'sure I'd be happy to help you changing the date of your subscription payment'.

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-03-26

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
Jacob
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Nice idea! Marked as a new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search :)

(This is a repost of this inactive idea.)

julian_L
Community Legend

I like it! But also, I feel that the date that the user could choose should be before the date of payment, but after the date in which the user makes contact with Spotify. This way you can avoid any fraudulent attempt.

+1 mate!

mark770

Great idea and exactly what I am wanting/needing to do. Surely it can't be THAT difficult???? Would love to be notified if this becomes an option

Alewitt2

The process would need to prorate the cost of the current date to the desired date, then start your full cost again on the new date. Please do this spotify!

ajmale

I want to change my subscription date, but I don't want to use the current method available - revert to free and subscribe again on the date I want to be billed...

What would it take to get this implemented?

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-03-26

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!