[Subscription] Bring back Student Discount for NUS

I'm sure I'm not the only one that is quite unhappy with the fact that they don't accept NUS cards anymore and have changed it to UNiDAYS. UNiDAYS is just for full time students at University and I do a lot of distance learning at home and it's a shame to miss out on discounts like this just because I'm not at University.

Updated on 2019-10-03

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea again, in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
Jus16

What do Amazon offer?

blondie86

Same - distance learner who just paid to renew their NUS card to find that Spotify no longer support those students. All made more confusing when updating my payment card details for my account they still request your NUS card number, only to reject it! Why are Spotify being selective over which students they allow to use their student service? Surely proof of student status in any official means should be enough, rather than descriminating against those that also pay fees for their course and put their work into studying, but just so happen to do it through a distance method rather than full time in a physical building.  For shame. Think I will be looking to Amazon, who still recognise all students.

lufcwls

I stopped priority & won’t return to paying until this is fixed.

Zebodii

Basically now a university discount not a student discount. So technically false advertising...

@jennapacey wrote:
I'm sure I'm not the only one that is quite unhappy with the fact that they don't accept NUS cards anymore and have changed it to UNiDAYS. UNiDAYS is just for full time students at University and I do a lot of distance learning at home and it's a shame to miss out on discounts like this just because I'm not at University.

chrisevans31

I agree with this thread. Bring back Spotify onto NUS. It’s unfair that lots of students who cannot be eligible for a UNIDays account to lose out on Spotify’s student benefits. Bring it back!

sophzsophz

I agree with the above comments. Many people are students on courses which they pay a lot for ran by Universities, however, they do not study in the University's building itself. This still classes you as a student therefore you should be entitled to the student discount. It does seem like false advertising to offer 'student discount' yet exclude these people from it. There should be clarification and rewording of this advertisement as it is giving false hope. It's a real shame as Spotify is my favorite music platform and this is one of the only downsides I can think of which I think might lose Spotify a lot of users from their community.

fr4nhp

The new NUS card totum has new verification processes in place. You used to just need to register with an academic email to be able to get an NUS card, thus they think loads of people who have them aren't actually students - hence the switch to UNIDAYS. However, now they have improved their verification process, why penalise people that are not eligible for UNIDAYS. It's unfair and they are going to loose many customers over this. 

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2019-10-03

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea again, in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!