[Subscription] DJ Subscription (Offline, Sampling, etc)

hi,

since there are so many dj's out there who would like to use spotify for their djing , i can hardly understand why spotify hesitates to make it possible. i would love to pay a higher amount subscribtion if i could just get this feature, to be able to dj with dj apps like pacemaker.

it would be wonderfull. please think about it,

thanks.

peace!

marc

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2017-09-14

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2016-09-18

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. ;)

This idea is a re-post of this inactive idea.

housesibu

I'd love to see a professional DJ subscription similar to Pulselocker which is used by the Serato DJ application. I think Pioneer is integrating Pulselocker as well. I've done the trial of Pulselocker and there is no comparison to using Algoriddim Djay Pro 2 Software with Spotify. The easy navigation, the match technology, it's just brilliant. However, DJ's can't rely on a WiFi or Cellular connection to play out. We need a way to download and play songs offline. This is the future of DJing and Spotify has the best selection of music, the ease of creating playlists and discovering new music.

I care less about the recording / sampling mentioned in the original post. 

DjTheRiddler
Casual Listener

RECORD and SAMPLING is important to pro DJs bed room djs like you might not care. It is important to have WI-FI if you are a PRO DJ like me you should know that MAJOR night club's have high speed WI-FI

So I dont know we're you been and I don't care. you can't compare SPOTIFY with that poor quality pulselocker service add on slash search engine that's all it is they don't even have APP and most of the music comes from the www and MUSIC has GLITCHES and STUTTERING. NOW ALGORIDDIM DJAY PRO for MAC and now for WINDOWS is the best DJ software in the market to sum of us including me I'M a algoriddim DJ and spotify premium customer for a long time now and so far the ONLY option it needs is the RECORD option now for those who would like that then vote for my post if you don't think is for you just keep it moving don't need your negative feedback 

DJ THE RIDDLER 

pinoydjs

Dear DJ THE RIDDLER

If you are currently a "pro dj" using your spotify account to play live, you know you are using it illegally right ?

So the first thing to do is make spotify legal to use for live performance. 

Offline playback is needed as not every "pro" plays in nightclubs with blazing fast internet speeds. In fact the vast majority of "professionals" play at discobars, stripclubs, weddings, sweet sixteens, bar mitzvahs etc ... where fast internet may or may not be available - In some countries internet is not as fast as the USA either. 

And lets not forget DJ'ing at festivals eh - good luck getting a decent connection when 40,000 others are trying to use facebook live at the same time. 

Pulselocker, does have an app BTW - their app / site sucks currently and for finding new music and it cant compare to spotify YET - however they do have a bridge app as well which allows you to import and stream all the same playlists from spotify now (for $4). 

http://www.pcdj.com/pulselocker-ios-app-is-now-available-in-the-app-store/

https://serato.com/latest/blog/20237/convert-spotify-and-other-platforms-playlists-to-pulselocker

I'm less interested in the Record OR Sampling functions - in fact the ONLY functions that are important to me is making it LEGAL to stream the music in a live / club enviormnent - its gotta be the first step. 

Currently I'm also a spotify pro customer and been using Djay Pro - which I want to be able to use professionally, but the legal issue makes this impossible. Virtual DJ also now has spotify included in its playlist as well. 

Please Spotify work something out for public perfromance. Whats the point is allowing  Pro DJ App creators like pacemaker, algoriddim and Virtual DJ even access to spotify and then limit the playback to the bedroom ?

pinoydjs

If you are currently a "pro dj" using your spotify account to play live, you know that its against the T&C right ?

So the first thing to do is make spotify legal to use for live performance (outside of Sweden!)  

Pulselocker, does have an app BTW - their app / site sucks currently and for finding new music and it cant compare to spotify YET - however they do have a bridge app as well which allows you to import and stream all the same playlists from spotify now (for $4).

http://www.pcdj.com/pulselocker-ios-app-is-now-available-in-the-app-store/
https://serato.com/latest/blog/20237/convert-spotify-and-other-platforms-playlists-to-pulselocker

Offline playback is something that needs to be looked at, as not every "pro" plays in nightclubs with blazing fast internet speeds. In fact the vast majority of "professionals" play at discobars, stripclubs, weddings, sweet sixteens, bar mitzvahs etc ... where fast internet may or may not be available - In some countries internet is not as fast as the USA either.

And lets not forget DJ'ing at festivals eh - good luck getting a decent connection when 40,000 others are trying to use facebook live at the same time.

I'm less interested in the Record OR Sampling functions - in fact the ONLY functions that are important to me is making it LEGAL to stream the music in a live / club enviormnent - its gotta be the first step.

Currently I'm also a spotify pro customer and been using Djay Pro at home - which I want to be able to use professionally, but the legal issue currently makes this impossible. Virtual DJ also now has spotify included in its playlist as well - so this should be something thats seriously considered by spotify.

Please Spotify work something out for public perfromance. Whats the point is allowing Pro DJ App creators like pacemaker, algoriddim and Virtual DJ even access to spotify and then limit the playback to the bedroom ?

Spotify is an awesome platform for Crate Digging and DJ'ing it just needs a few minor tweaks / upgrades to the licencing to bring it to the top of the pile - software upgrades can be worked on once the legal ones are taken care of.

Just create a "pro" tier for those who want to use it professionally, the app works fine as it stands, and at least "consider" offline playback for those signing up for a DJ/Pro account.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2017-09-14

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!