[Subscription] Discount for High School Students

I think it's really cool that college students get discount for spotify but it would be great if high school students could get the same thing , it would be amazing to being playing music wherever we want for a low price and since I find spotify better than pandora. $5 is extremely affordable for high school students and a lot would sign up for that price if that was an option

Updated on 2018-02-07

Hey folks! We appreciate all the feedback you've given us around giving High School students a Spotify discount. We absolutely want High School students to be able to enjoy a discounted Premium. That's why we've launched the discounted Family Plan--6 accounts for 14.99. We don't have plans for a standalone high school discount now that we have this great offer for families.

There also isn't a current way to verify attendance at a high school the way we can for college/ university students. It's for those reasons that we're marking this as 'Case Closed'. Of course should this change in the future we will let you all know via the News section of our website: https://news.spotify.com/

Related Ideas

Comments
mossyechidna

Please involve high school students in this discount because, going by logic, they earn less money than uni students, and also deserve this discount.  

ssoriae750

I’d love to see this happen! I’m the only one with Spotify Premium in my household and I’m also a high school student. Since I have a job, my parents let me spend my money how I want, but $10 is still a lot since I only work weekends. It wouldn’t be that hard to let high school students use this feature. I know many students at my school who have had Premium before, but were unable to keep it since it’s such a high price for everyone else. Please keep thinking about this!

Matt164

So would it be right to say it's better to go for apple music since you get discounts on itunes cards and therefore can pay with that? And I belive the price for apple music is the same. 

oguzdeler

I'd be great. I know lot of student like me, wants premium (I mean no job, no money yet). If there'd be any discount we can walk sometimes instead of using bus. I hope it will come soon.

GummyBearsRule7

A discount would be great for high school students. Especially students who’s families don’t want to pay near 15 dollars for premium privileges. I as a student am the only person in the family who enjoys Spotify and I personally think it would be great for Spotify to offer discounts for high school students

Uniii

Plsss :c

Raely2102

I do not have 6 family members who use Spotify so we'd have no reason to sign up for the family plan. So your "amazing family plan" still does nothing for me as a highschool student. It seems that you've used the family discount as an excuse to avoid the actual topic at hand. Highschool kids deserve a discount too. My mother won't pay $10 a month for music. It's a steep price for what the service is. And I can't get a job to pay for it myself yet. Seems a bit unfair don't you think?

Blair_Anderson

I am a sophomore in high school and have to pay for my own things. My parents don’t pay for me. I work a job but I don’t get payed much, I’ve wanted to get Spotify Premium but $10 is to much for me. If the price was $5 a month I would definitely pay that. 

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2018-02-07

Hey folks! We appreciate all the feedback you've given us around giving High School students a Spotify discount. We absolutely want High School students to be able to enjoy a discounted Premium. That's why we've launched the discounted Family Plan--6 accounts for 14.99. We don't have plans for a standalone high school discount now that we have this great offer for families.

There also isn't a current way to verify attendance at a high school the way we can for college/ university students. It's for those reasons that we're marking this as 'Case Closed'. Of course should this change in the future we will let you all know via the News section of our website: https://news.spotify.com/