[Subscription] Discounts for People on SNAP Benefits

Here’s an idea for Spotify: Many people require food stamps (now called SNAP) to help them through a difficult period of unemployment or under employment. For some like myself, this occurs as the result of a health crisis that prevented me from working for nearly a year. It would be great if Spotify would offer the student rate to individuals who are on SNAP. Individuals could qualify by submitting a photo of their SNAP benefit card. I suggested this in correspondence with Spotify after a special rate I was getting was about to expire. Spotify asked me to post it here. Please support this idea. (Most of us are not free loaders, we are doing the best we can under difficult circumstances. Our commercial free music brings us peace and comfort.

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2019-04-13

Hello there!
This idea has been submitted one year ago, but unfortunately hasn’t gained enough votes during that time (100 votes/year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, this idea will be closed for now. Note that this does not mean the idea has been declined by Spotify.
Please feel free to re-post this idea if you still feel you want this implemented. With a little change in presentation, maybe this time it will gain the necessary support from the community. 

Comments
Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-06-12

Marked as new idea.

antihero1z

Amazon offers a $5.99/month rate for a prime membership to people who recieve SNAP or Medicaid benefits. I agree that there should be a discounted membership for Spotify. People fall on hard times, people have mental and physical disabilities that prevent them from working on a regular basis. Music can be a great therapy for people.

MartinStoichkov
Rock Star 11
Rock Star 11
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2019-04-13

Hello there!
This idea has been submitted one year ago, but unfortunately hasn’t gained enough votes during that time (100 votes/year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, this idea will be closed for now. Note that this does not mean the idea has been declined by Spotify.
Please feel free to re-post this idea if you still feel you want this implemented. With a little change in presentation, maybe this time it will gain the necessary support from the community. 

Related Ideas