[Subscription] International Student Discount (via ISIC)

Spotify currently have student discount in the UK and US, which entitles students to 50% off the cost of Spotify Premium. As a UK student, this is great for me but I feel it is a little unfair on students in all of the other countries which have Spotify. There are plenty of ideas about bringing student discount to loads of different countries, but I don't get why Spotify doesn't take the easy route and partner with ISIC.

For anyone who doesn't know about International Student Identification Card:

http://www.isic.org/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Student_Identity_Card

isic

Lots of other big companies already use ISIC to verify student status in 133 countries!:

So Spotify, what do you say!?

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Fred
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

handyhalterung
Regular

Great idea! That would be a good way to validate students and the discount could be easily offered worldwide. 

I really can't see why the discount is only available in the US and UK. I hope this idea will get some attention by the Spotify team. There are students in other countries, too. :'D

TomA877

Don´t you think that as a student you could sacrifice 2 or 3 beers per month in order to have Spotify Premium? Plus I would assume that a lot of premium users (if not a majority) are students, therefore it doesn´t make much sense for Spotify to do that.

jram0421
Music Fan

I honestly don't have an isic card. I like the way spotify verifies the discount right now. 

Alexalder
Regular

The way spotify verifies the discounts right now is... they don't. Not everywherre

AsHalt
Casual Listener

singapore does have the discount but not on all level ; the last time I saw the Promo is during a Polytechic/ College Open House (about a year ago) here . I do wish there's a way to do that... forking out bout SGD 10 /mth aint fun when the cost of living is too darn high here....

Tomskii
Regular
European student card could be another idea as well.
maclom

Great idea!

Sandguy

Oh my god! I didnt know other people got discounts!!!

Great idea! bring those discounts to mexico!

alhabetl

Canada checking in - yes please!