[Subscription] Loyalty Program: Discount for Long Term Subscribers

For subscribers that dont have a lapse in their subscriptions - an incentive could be that every year you get 10% of your subscription price up to 50% off after 5 years of continuous membership!

Updated on 2021-07-16

Hey everyone,  

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange. 

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet one of our Idea Exchange guidelines, namely point [7]: “No pricing, subscription or content related requests.” 

As always, keep an eye on our Spotify Blog for announcements about other discounts and offers you can use with your Spotify account.

If we do have any new info to share, rest assured we'll check back in here with a new status.

Thanks for understanding.

Comments
aaronclawrence
Regular

This suggestion seems very naive. Spotify is not even profitable yet! (They might be in 2017). That means they've lost money for years. 

If they put the base subscription up to say $20, then they could offer discounts for loyalty, perhaps... but I just don't think it's a significant factor. People stay anyway out of inertia, so long as the service doesn't fall behind drastically.

2afs
Music Fan

Great idea. As many companies give their loyal customers a discount to keep them happy should also work for Spotify. Alternatives are available more and more. Especially because of the poor support when needed.

HUDUGURU
Regular

I'm all for some sort of occasional, thank you for being a long time subscriber, discount. 

trhouston17

@AARGHB wrote:

For subscribers that dont have a lapse in their subscriptions - an incentive could be that every year you get 10% of your subscription price up to 50% off after 5 years of continuous membership!

@AARGHB wrote:

trhouston17

@AARGHB wrote:

I don't have a  lapse in my subscription. I just want to cancel my subscription that HAS NEVER BEEN BEHIND ON MYPAYMENT STATUS. You expected your money monthly from my debit account, and I now I want this cancelled and future payments you deduct put back PROMPTLY! YOU CANNOT PLAY WITH PEOPLE'S MONEY AND A COUNTS LIKE YOU HAVE! I expect this to be taken care of as of today and or I will have to call my Legal Zoom accounts to see what my rights are! 

HUDUGURU
Regular

Um, i think you might want to try a different forum if you want to cancel..

Riordanpett

This is stupid. It's $10/£9.99 a month, the equivalent of a typical CD/MP3 download. You pay this once a month, sounds like a great deal to me. Spotify barely earns profits, so I highly doubt they're gonna lower the cost. Don't care if you're a "veteran user" (I am too), but that doesn't change the fact you're get millions of songs for a miniscule $10 per month. Artists already earn hardly nothing compared to outright purchased music consumption. It's almost as if you're trying to bribe Spotify into giving you a deal to keep your money. The streaming business doesn't earn enough money anyway, artists, labels, streaming service companies.

Although I'd love a discount for how long I've been here, this is plain scrounging at the most. This will never happen, gonna have to back Spotify for this.

May as well ask your supermarket store that you've used for a decade for a discount to keep their service, right? 

YamUrbina
Music Fan
Funny because the supermarket I go does give "incentives" if you go often.
The cinema I go does it too. They give amazing discounts for long time customers.
Anyways, like I said before, I found the 3 months for $.99 was unfair, and is something people has discussed as well, what about long time subscribers? And no to mention some people created new accounts every 3 months after the previous one expired.
Apparently it's gone now. I do think decreasing the price permanently is not good for business, and the price is a good deal. Besides if you really want to help artists you could subscribe to TIDAL (which I've done), and "pay" artists more, that is expensive.

Riordanpett
It still doesn't justify the fact you're getting access to the music
industry for £10 a month, sorry. I'm happy to pay this. Sad for artists
though.
YamUrbina
Music Fan

I'm sorry but when exactly did I try to justify the price decrease?

I basically agreed with you...