Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Subscription] Loyalty Program: Discount for Long Term Subscribers

For subscribers that dont have a lapse in their subscriptions - an incentive could be that every year you get 10% of your subscription price up to 50% off after 5 years of continuous membership!

Updated on 2023-03-30

Hey everyone,

It seems that this idea ended up in the wrong board accidentally, so we're bringing it back.

We're keeping the previous Case Closed status, as we don't have any immediate plans to implement this. As soon as we have any new information to share, rest assured we'll check back in here.

Take care.

Comments
Riordanpett

This is stupid. It's $10/£9.99 a month, the equivalent of a typical CD/MP3 download. You pay this once a month, sounds like a great deal to me. Spotify barely earns profits, so I highly doubt they're gonna lower the cost. Don't care if you're a "veteran user" (I am too), but that doesn't change the fact you're get millions of songs for a miniscule $10 per month. Artists already earn hardly nothing compared to outright purchased music consumption. It's almost as if you're trying to bribe Spotify into giving you a deal to keep your money. The streaming business doesn't earn enough money anyway, artists, labels, streaming service companies.

Although I'd love a discount for how long I've been here, this is plain scrounging at the most. This will never happen, gonna have to back Spotify for this.

May as well ask your supermarket store that you've used for a decade for a discount to keep their service, right? 

YamUrbina
Funny because the supermarket I go does give "incentives" if you go often.
The cinema I go does it too. They give amazing discounts for long time customers.
Anyways, like I said before, I found the 3 months for $.99 was unfair, and is something people has discussed as well, what about long time subscribers? And no to mention some people created new accounts every 3 months after the previous one expired.
Apparently it's gone now. I do think decreasing the price permanently is not good for business, and the price is a good deal. Besides if you really want to help artists you could subscribe to TIDAL (which I've done), and "pay" artists more, that is expensive.

Riordanpett
It still doesn't justify the fact you're getting access to the music
industry for £10 a month, sorry. I'm happy to pay this. Sad for artists
though.
YamUrbina

I'm sorry but when exactly did I try to justify the price decrease?

I basically agreed with you...

ortonomy

Or let me sign up for a longer period and get discounted for the committment.

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Not Right Now
Updated: 2017-03-06

Thank you for your idea @AARGHB. We don't have plans to offer Decreasing subscription prices for long term subscribers. Please keep an eye on our Spotify Blog for announcements about other discounts and offers you can use with your Spotify account. 

Suheidi

I have been with Spotify since 2009 and a Premium user since 2010. Since then, I have told so many people about Spotify. C'mon Spotify! Almost 10yrs of loyalty and the only "discount" is that I now my husband gets to enjoy Spotify at a discount with the Family Subscription service. The student discount came out after I even graduated college and wasn't able to take advantage of that discount either. I agree with getting a month free or getting a discount for 3 or 6 months which then expires to then pay regular price. I understand, that getting more customers and more money is important but when you reward loyalty, the loyal customers can tell the new customers about the benefits of continued subscription which maintains revenue and even obtaining new customers because they see the light at the end of the tunnel. Maybe reward your loyal customers ranging from discounts starting after 1yr, 3yrs, and then 5yrs OR have 5 friends sign up for Spotify and receive a month free. IDK give us something!!!

Just to bump the idea previously stated, I throw my support behind the implementation of random discounts for long time subscribers. 

Why couldn't spotify do this? People have their tight budgets, but not always more so than students for example. So to implement a consistent discount you would have to address and lower the other discounted users to avoid potential issues.

As for those who abuse, limit accounts in some way for trial users that will drop off when subscribed. It would take the thrill out of beating the system.

ARW007

Trying to get Spotify help to get a family membership set up and get a consumer survey - case closed - hopeless

aaronclawrence

@user-removed: the reason they can't do this is because they are still losing money! If anything they probably need to put prices up.