Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Subscription] Student Discount in Quebec

Hi everyone,

I woke up this morning to Spotify's Student Discount email, which made me glad.., until I found out that it's not available in Quebec. As the voice of all Quebeckers, I would like to address Spotify's Team to make it available in Quebec too. We're a part of Canada as much as the rest of the provinces.

Thank you,

Fatih Yilmaz

Updated on 2023-08-08

Hey folks,

We apologize for any confusion we have caused. Unfortunately, we’re unable to offer the student discount in Quebec at this time.

As soon as this changes we’ll post back here with an update.

Comments
Jacob
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Marked as a new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search 🙂

lasnierfelix

I totally agree with the idea! What kind of restrictions make the offer unavailable here??

ImparatorFatih

@lasnierfelix This is written right under the green button on the Spotify Canada Student Discount website: "Spotify Student Discount Offer Terms and Conditions apply. Due to restrictions, this offer is unavailable in Quebec."

lasnierfelix

@ImparatorFatih, this is exactly what I am referring to.. What restrictions though ; legal, administrative, .. ? If only they specified a bit more on the website, which  I think they could, I don't think we would be having this conversation 😉 That's all I'm saying 🙂

clareau

I couldn't agree more. What kind of restricitions are applicable in that case? We are still canadian students after all !! 🙂

Granturismoo

+1 vote (+most of the people I know that uses it)

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2017-05-16

Hey everyone. Unfortunately, due to circumstances outside our control, Spotify is not currently able to offer Spotify Premium for Students in Quebec. We hope to be able to make it available in the future. Thanks for your understanding!

lasnierfelix

@meahtenoha, thank you for repeating us what we already know ; can we not know what those circumstances are? The government won't let you charge us 5$ less on our subscription? Spotify USA doesn't like french canadians? An obscure law is restricting you?

@ImparatorFatih @Granturismoo @clarea Am I the crazy one or does it seem shady??

ImparatorFatih

@lasnierfelix I'm on the same boat as you. I really wonder what are those said "circumstances" that makes it unavailable in Quebec for some "reasons". @meahtenoha May you share them with us if you're allowed?

Moe_kikz93

They don't even consider Quebec as a part of North America