Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Subscription] Student Discount in Quebec

Hi everyone,

I woke up this morning to Spotify's Student Discount email, which made me glad.., until I found out that it's not available in Quebec. As the voice of all Quebeckers, I would like to address Spotify's Team to make it available in Quebec too. We're a part of Canada as much as the rest of the provinces.

Thank you,

Fatih Yilmaz

Updated on 2023-08-08

Hey folks,

We apologize for any confusion we have caused. Unfortunately, we’re unable to offer the student discount in Quebec at this time.

As soon as this changes we’ll post back here with an update.

Comments
VincB

Here a fix that would accommodate the customer protection law in quebec.
Remove the free trial and automatically opt-out Quebec members at the end of their contract. Prior to the end of the contract, send them an email notification to warn them that their membership is about to expire. If they want to renew, they must agree to the conditions of the new contract (example: No 50% discount without proof of being a student). In case that the monthly payment is too complicated on the legal basis, simply offer an upfront payment for the whole year or the period. Amazon does that, so there is no reason why Spotify couldn't.

MihailY
Status changed to: Not Right Now

Updated on 2023-08-08

Hey folks,

We apologize for any confusion we have caused. Unfortunately, we’re unable to offer the student discount in Quebec at this time.

As soon as this changes we’ll post back here with an update.

Mattéa

Well that's unfortunate, I will not buy premium any longer as I was expecting a discount.

boxonails

6 years, no solutions, no infos on the situation, no explanation on why Quebec only is blocked. I've never had Premium and now never will. Starting to think only a class action lawsuit will make this move ...

i2dvpvsxfijoh6o10ram

Very disappointed that student discount aren’t available for us as Quebec Students. If Apple can provide a discount you probably can too. 

CP2690

I agree with this. We are students and deserve a discounted rate like every other student across North America gets. It was once a feature for us so why remove the option now? Very disappointed in Spotify