Announcements

[Subscriptions] Prepay to extend Offline mode (30 days)

Some background:

Military service members are frequently away from any internet connection for months at a time. These users will lose the ability to play saved music on devices after 30 days offline.

Proposal:

Allow time limits beyond 30 days if you prepay for that time, i.e. to get 60 days offline, you pay ahead for an additional month.

Updated: 2016-04-05

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2015-04-06

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. 😉
One of the reasons it is bound to 30 days is also that Spotify needs your (online) data to pay the artists according to your played songs at least every month.

FLdude

I love Spotify, it's awesome. I have tons of playlists with a wide variety of music. However, I am also in the military and there have been more than a few occasions in the last year where I had no music because it was more than 30 days before I could connect to internet to resync. Obsessively watching the "days before you need to go online" count down is like watching another Steven Stegal movie thinking that it's going to get better the next time I watch one but the inevitable dissapointment is ever looming...it's just bad for morale.

Prepaying for multiple months would be awesome fix. I hope that there is a way to renegotiate at least a 60 day contract with artists.

Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated: 2016-04-05

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!