Support IPv6

As well as supporting IPv4, it would be good if Spotify supported IPv6 both on its own servers and for the P2P sharing. Although I have both IPv4 and IPv6 on my system, the Spotify app is only listening on IPv4.

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated: 2015-11-17

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
bwann

I have IPv6-only networks now, please add support!

sdstrowes
Regular

I'm moving my home network toward NAT64. Testing things out tonight, Spotify is the first thing to noticeably fail.

Scratching the surface, the desktop (OSX) app appears to only be requesting A records for the hostnames that it needs to access. If the app requested AAAA records, and it knew how to handle them, then Spotify would work in a NAT64 environment.

Fortunately, the browser player works in this environment without v4. But then I lose little things like the player buttons on the Mac keyboard.

Revellion
Casual Listener

Any work in getting this to work with IPv6-only yet?

GothAck

At minimum please support NAT64 environments in the client; the rest (server side) can come later, but the client really needs to be IPv6 ready...

myfoolishpride

I am offline too. Please to have ipv6 support. It seems like everything works like normal except the spotify app.

Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated: 2015-11-17

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas