Support IPv6

As well as supporting IPv4, it would be good if Spotify supported IPv6 both on its own servers and for the P2P sharing. Although I have both IPv4 and IPv6 on my system, the Spotify app is only listening on IPv4.

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated: 2015-11-17

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Peter__
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

cx
Regular
Any statement from the Spotify team yet? IPv6 does not bite 😉
aarnoaukia

I was in a country with native IPv6 and DNS64/NAT64 for legacy IPv4 connectivity but Spotify didn't work 😞

user-removed
Not applicable

Would be nice to have for when I have no v4 connectivity, spotify in offline mode works, but I would enjoy having the features I paid for.

cx
Regular
It feels wrong when content suppliers does not enable their service for all customers, only some of them. Even if their customers pays for it. I really hope that their will be a change to this soon.
shoxnl

The move to ipv6 is going slowly, support of a service like spotify on ipv6 helps moving things forward, please enable ipv6 support on all platforms.

ps. the webplayer would be a good start 🙂

ping1

In Sweden the the telecom company Tele2 goes IPv6 Q1 2014, hurry hurry !!

http://www.idg.se/2.1085/1.594180/tele2-redo-for-340-sextiljoner-adresser

Cyclonesworld

Spotify, plz. I want to be able to use the app on my phone without having to do workarounds on my actual phone. 

n3pb

Many of your mobile users are on networks that only support IPv6.  You will have to deal with the complexity introduced by the carriers' translation technologies (like NAT64) if you only support legacy IP.  IPv6 will give you a more transparent end-to-end network environment.

user-removed
Not applicable

Customers are choosing to use Pandora because Spotify does not work with IPv6 and Pandora does.  It appears the T-Mobile M8 fails for spotify on ipv6, but every other app works fine.  It is just spotify that has this defect.  You really should resolve this.  Most customers will just move to Pandora instead of even telling Spotify there is a problem.  Here is just one example of Spotify being broken https://twitter.com/jkraynak25/status/536707126039937024  but everything else works.