Announcements

Support Windows Media Audio (*.wma) files!

I have an extensive library of .wma files, most of it I've had for years before I bought my current computer or Spotify even existed.  A good amount of it represents songs which are not available on Spotify.  I understand others have been dealing with this issue as well, concerning not only .wma files, but .flac lossless as well.

In order for Spotify to be truly integrated into my listening habits, it's high time .wma is supported in the Desktop app and also on Windows phones.

(This is a repost of a previously closed idea, in order to redouble my efforts.)

Thank you for your consideration.

Updated: 2016-02-25

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Marco
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea.
This idea is a repost of this inactive idea.

Captain_Eric1
Yea. I need this too.
lakemi

Me too. Only 1/10th of my local files are in mp3 format. Google music even plays wma files - sheesh!

wigglesnapper

I would love to have this feature as well. It's really annoying to have to use two different media players... I love Spotify but I hate having to switch just in order to load my songs which are WMA files. It would be really nice to consolidate everything into one media player.

flavman1979

Same for me. Just entered Spotify now and all my local music is in .wma

lilliterra

Please support WMA! A lot of older music is in this format and I would like to integrate it into my playlists.

emujohnson

No WMA? Baaah. Support it! C'mon!

Marco
Status changed to: Inactive Idea
Updated: 2016-02-25

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!