Announcements

Timestamps Guy for JRE Podcast

I am a daily watcher of the JRE Experience. I have been looking forward to his move to Spotify ever since it was announced. YouTube as a platform/publisher has its issues regarding censorship. One of the highlights of the JRE experience was a user formerly known as the Timestamps Guy .

They tirelessly worked to write accurate timestamps of each podcast. Providing a general outline of topics covered. It would be amazing if there was some way for Spotify and this person to collaborate and provide these timestamps as meta-data on Spotify. They also share their timestamps on Reddit.

Cheers 🙂

Updated on 2020-09-03

Hey @Rocktopus,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet our Community Guidelines.

Feel free to submit your idea again, making sure that it adheres to the above guidelines.

Cheers!

Comments
Casual Listener

It’s maybe a much cheaper and overal better idea to just add a comment section to the podcasts

I agree, Timestamps Guy has did a huge favor for us over at YouTube and it would be great if Spotify provided a comment section that allowed that sort of thing. I've always enjoyed his comment sections and the community vibe it creates.

Regarding the transition to Spotify - hopefully this allows him to have authentic conversations without constantly worrying whether YouTube censors don't like his guest... But unfortunately it appears that many very popular episodes have already been removed from Spotify (some controversial guests, but others that don't seem controversial at all, i.e. Louis Theroux). 

Maybe Rogan made this decision.. But seeing that many of the removed episodes are self-declared favorites of his, I fear that Spotify may already be acting as Big Brother. It will be a major disappointment if Spotify played a hand in censoring those episodes - many of which were fantastically entertaining conversations.  

Visitor

Im still The Timestamps Guy have not changed my name. My channel is and always will be The Timestamps Guy 🙂 https://www.youtube.com/user/impurenergy/ 

Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2020-09-03

Hey @Rocktopus,

Thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

We’re closing this idea since it doesn’t meet our Community Guidelines.

Feel free to submit your idea again, making sure that it adheres to the above guidelines.

Cheers!