Top List: Most Popular Among *Gender* in *Geographic Region*

NOW: We can sort the Top List by the most popular tracks/albums/artists among different geographic regions.

IDEA: What I would like to see is an option to see the most popular music divided by gender. Men and women generally have differing musical tastes and being able to sort the most popular tracks/albums/artists among men/women/both/other in the US or elsewhere would be great. 

RESULT: We get a top list that more likely comforms to our personal taste and is interesting to see what each gender is listening to. Right now, I barely pay attention to the top list. I don't really care for Nikki Minaj, Ariana Grande, and the new Fifty Shades of Grey tracks. I suspect these tracks are more popular among women and would not be on the men list.

Additionally, we might see other artists like Daft Punk, Eminem, and Jay-Z pushed to the top. Music that might more align with my personal taste as a guy. 

Here's an interesting article on how gender effects top lists and what got me thinking about this idea.

Top 40 by Gender.JPG
Updated: 2016-01-27

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

0 Likes
Comments
Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21
Status changed to: New Idea

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea
Updated: 2016-01-27

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!