Touch Preview on Android

There really shouldn't have to be much explanation behind this idea. Here's an idea; show Android at least half the respect iOS gets. iOS got the touch preview and swipe to save and queue features back in late January. It's June. 8+ months to implement a feature that another platform has is downright madness and the fact that it has been ignored is ridiculous. I tweeted @SpotifyCares on March 20th about when Android users might see this feature. They said: "Thanks for the feedback! We're working on rolling this feature out to other platforms as soon as possible." That's the answer we get?! That's the answer Spotify gave when they announced the feature. To go another 6 months without having the feature or having it mentioned? That's just sad. In the Android beta community, one of the Spotify staff said that it's not even on their list of priorities. Seriously? I, for one, loved this feature when it came out. It'd be nice to actually be able to use it, instead of wondering when I'll get to. It's time to get this feature. Now.

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated: 2016-06-04

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2015-06-06

Marked as new idea and added "Android" in the title to make it easier to find via search.

ShaunOfTheFuzz
Still no touch preview for android after 9 months. Pathetic.
chuckkk-bass

Bump!

Still missing the feature since I switched over to Android...

jorgey731
First I've heard of it and I'm pissed it's been a thing on Apple for so long
JamesHarland
Regular

Found out this morning when my friend showed me on iOS, can't believe we're over a year in and this still isn't on Android. Come on guys, this can't be that big a hurdle to overcome. Your app already plays music, why can't it play a snippet from the middle of the track?

s_abel
Casual Listener
BUMP, BUMP, BUMP! I mean it was introduced more than a year ago on iOS, still no sign of it on Android...I pay for Spotify since more than two years, and expect it to work on all my devices and has the same features. I can understand why running features are not present on tablets, but Song Preview?
Mammm1
Im pissed!!! Spotify should do something about it
Minasti_7

Pathetic that we can't have this feature on android or PC z_z

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated: 2016-06-04

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!