Traditional and Simplified / Reformed Chinese Character Equality in Searches

The Spotify program should not distinguish between traditional and simplified characters in search functions.

I.e. a search for "我的爱" should turn up results for "我的愛" and "我的爱" (assuming Spotify eventually labels songs in simplified characters. Regardless of whether it does or does not, searches should be conductible in either).

Of course, there will be some ambiguity every now and then, but surely in our modern day of technology we can simply find a way to show all potential results, eg...

"我的头发" would find "我的頭髮" as well as "我的頭發" and, should Spotify start using simplified characters as a display option (though even if it doesn't simplified characters should still be searchable), "我的头发."

It is really annoying to have to change my input method editor just to search for music and then change it back for regular use.

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated: 2015-07-02

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

TCook
Regular

UPDATE: Just now I was searching for 《月亮代表我的心》 by 鄧麗君 (surprisingly hard to find), and my search results turned up someone's playlist called 邓丽君. Uh oh, see what happened there?

Even if Spotify only uses one character set to list music, users themselves will create playlists (and maybe other content) in the other character set that should be searchable! Regardless of what character set one uses to search, ALL results should come up! If I had searched for "鄧麗君," I may have never found that whole playlist full of her music just because it was labeled "邓丽君" (the same thing).

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated: 2015-07-02

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!