Transparency.

We need transparency on how and why streams are filtered and what metrics are used in such process, especially as many suspect that there could be error or manipulation on behalf of Spotify. It is our right as paying customers to know where our streams go.

Updated on 2021-05-31

Thank you for your idea. This has been shared with the appropriate teams.

Comments
minululu
Visitor

I agree with this. I have been a paying customer for years. If my streams are considered "bot-like" and don't benefit the artist in any way, then why should I continue to use Spotify?

And if the issue is looping a song (which I don't do) then why does Spotify have that as an option if it renders my streams invalid?

wtfjungkook

I ABSOLUTELY AGREE

aysenurr2301
Visitor

exactly. more importantly, spotify only pays the artists for the filtered stream numbers. which brings suspicions about how fair they are on filtering bc its a conflict of interest. and if a premium account is created recently only to loop i understand ut being counted as bot behavior. but old accounts consistently using spotify every day to listen various songs considered bot and getting filtered just because they looped a song on its release day is wrong. its very common to repeat a new song you like.

Rae0613
Visitor

If i pay for Spotify premium i need all my streams to get counted!! You really need to improve your methods Spotify

geranium
Visitor

We would like an explanation for the heavy filtering Butter had since it's release as soon as possible. As a paying customer my trust in Spotify is waning considering it's the only song that goes through heavy filtering like this.

erin0613
Visitor

I can't believe that I'm paying for a full subscription fee every month just for my streams to be 47% filtered???

RJ777
Visitor

This is in order to increase transparency in understanding Spotify's system as paying customers. Premium Spotify users, even after paying for an account, are unable to loop. Why can't a user loop and not have their streams counted if they're considered verified and human to make a payment? What exactly is the purpose of the loop button?

We also need more information with Spotify data in terms of stream filtering. As paying customers, we have a right to know why the artists we support are having their streams filtered, particularly if we have paid accounts.

LiliaOT7
Visitor

Necesitamos explicación de como estan filtrando el stream, incluso a las cuentas premium. 

Preach21
Visitor

We would like an explanation for the heavy filtering Butter had since it's release as soon as possible. As a paying customer my trust in Spotify is waning considering it's the only song that goes through heavy filtering like this.

cassellate
Visitor

I pay for a premium account so that I can financially support artists I enjoy by streaming their music. But if Spotify filters out my streams without any explanation or transparency, then why should I keep paying instead of switching to another service that isn’t blatantly screwing artists over?

Related Ideas