Announcements
Current information of our Google Nest Mini Offer can be found here.

Use Android sharing again

I don't know for sure when this changed but I noticed today that Spotify for Android no longer shares tracks by going out to the Android platform's sharing system. As such, it only supports sharing by email, SMS, Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr and requires considerably more engineering effort from Spotify to accomplish this more limited feature set.

Not to mention that I'm not happy typing my Twitter credentials into a popup in another app when it doesn't even appear to be using Twitter's OAuth system - or if it just raised a Share intent like it used to the Twitter app could take care of all of that.

I can only assume some money must be involved. Why else do something that costs you more work for less results?

Please restore platform sharing. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard.

Updated: 2015-09-03

As mentioned, this should still be an option when sharing on Android.
If you miss that option, please let us know in the respecitve help forum, thanks! 🙂

0 Likes
Comments
Community Legend

Hey there!

Don't you have the "more" button next to the facebook, twitter and tumbl button?

Share => Post to... => "More" button opens up the old Android sharing system for me that you're probably talking about.

Could you please check if it's there for you? If not please post a screenshot of your screen when you click on "Post to". Thanks. 🙂

Community Legend

Community Legend
Status changed to: Case Closed
Updated: 2015-09-03

As mentioned, this should still be an option when sharing on Android.
If you miss that option, please let us know in the respecitve help forum, thanks! 🙂