Use native Android Sync API

This idea has actually been submitted before, but it was "closed" (or whatever).

In any case, I would really love if Spotify for Android used the native accounts API for syncing. This is for practical rather than aesthetic reasons. Namely:

Right now, if you don't think to open Spotify when you're on Wifi, it doesn't automatically open itself and sync. It happens to me all the time that when I'm home I forget to open it to allow it to sync. Since Spotify doesn't run constantly in the background (of which I strongly approve!), it would be better if it used the systems sync UI, which would allow it to sync even when not opened.

Another benefit would be, disabling Sync on the phones settings would also disable Spotify syncing (if Gmail is using too much data/power syncing that you need to turn it off, it's a safe bet Spotify is too).

Updated: 2015-07-20

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea
Updated: 2015-07-20

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!