Variety of commercials

I don't mind hearing commercials but I listen to spotify all day and I get tired of hearing the same commercial or two commercials back to back all day. I have heard  the commercial for Fordham university more than I would ever want to often in the same hour. Please play a variety of commercials or at least tailor commercials to the people listening ie. I hate scary movies so I don't want to hear a commercial about a new scary movie. 

Updated: 2015-04-23
Update: This idea has been submitted again here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Ads-Better-Variety-of-Commercials/idi-p/1129585

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea. This idea will focus on having more different ads playing without too much repition. If you want to have ideas that fit the music taste - check out this idea here. ;)

galvinizedlivin

Likewise, give me a questionnaire of interests as well as dislikes. I am getting tired of the same advertisement for MGM Grand Las Vegas. I have no idea why you're giving me that particular commercial. I don't gamble ever. I've never been to Las Vegas, nor do I have any interest in going. This commercial succeeds in only one thing, making me want to close out of Spotify and use one of your competitors.  We can chalk that up to being a failure.

However if you play commercials about things that interest me, I'm very likely to not only keep using Spotify non-stop, but I'm also likely to click on the sponsor links, which I know throws more money your way.  Guys, with this interest and dislike questionnaire idea you will be able to nearly PRINT money. You can't possibly lose.

erdomke

A particularly annoying example of the lack of variety that can creep into the commercials. Equally annoying (but harder to depict) is hearing the same commercial 5 times a day for a month straight.

Advertisement Repitition

NJayme

I would totally love for the ads to either be a bit more varied or for the ability to up vote or down vote ads based on relevancy, like on Hulu. A commercial for LearnVest has pretty much been playing on repeat for the past few weeks for me. 

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated: 2015-04-23
Update: This idea has been submitted again here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Ads-Better-Variety-of-Commercials/idi-p/1129585

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!