View whole library at once on mobile

When I stopped using the iOS' built-in music app in favor of Spotify, the biggest thing I missed was the ability to view my library as a whole. I could easily see the list of all the artists, albums, songs, genres, and whatnot that I had on my device. I would love to be able to do this with my Spotify library on the mobile apps. And when I'm viewing my library like this, when I click an album or artist or whatever, instead of showing me that entire artist or album, it should just show me the songs I have, like iOS' built-in music app does. Thanks!

2014-04-04

Hey guys, we’re going to mark this Ideas as “Case closed”.

That’s because this week we introduced “Your Music”. Now you can save, organize and browse your favorite music. All in one place, across all platforms. As users will now be able to view all their favorite artists, albums, and songs “Your Music” rather than a “Library” this idea is now closed.

For a glimpse of “Your Music” and our new design changes click here. These changes have rolled out to iPhone, desktop and web users this week, and will soon be available across all platforms. Thanks for your feedback everyone.

Comments
Community Legend

This should be everywhere, including the desktop app. Giving it my kudos.

yeah. This is something i really miss at spotify!

I have been eagerly waiting for this ever since I started using Spotify 1,5 ago. I cannot catagorize everything into playlists and scrolling down the list of songs (especially on mobile) get's me really frustrated. To be able to view your own collection of artists and albums without having to go trough every song seems so fundamental I really don't get that this is still missing.

This feature was available in a previous version of Spotify mobile for Android, with a very useful filter function. I don't get why Spotify team has removed that... That's mandatory!

Spotify Legend
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Only ideas with 40+ kudos should have the good idea status.

Casual Listener

I would absolutely love this! Especially for downloaded tracks this would make a difference!

I find myself searching for artists a lot on the mobile app. It would make my experience better if I could browse my library since it contains many of the artists I frequently listen to. I'm not a huge fan of the playlist paradigm as constructing them is more of a hassle than going through a library IMO.

Community Legend
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

Changed back to "Good idea" status since it reached 40+ kudos and already got reviewed by the Spotify moderators before! 😉
Casual Listener

The best part of spotify is that we have access to an unlimited amount of music. But most of us just want to play directly from our library of music. To do this we build playlists so that from our mobile devices we can have access to our offline (downloaded) songs. But what we really want to do is see all of our library in one place, to sort by artist, song, or album and just play the songs that we already love (and added to our collection). Without the library feature it is hard to remember all the great music we love the most and want to listen to repeatedly. The library works perfectly on the desktop application. It should be added to the mobile phones where it is much harder to keep track of our collection.