Visualizer on Playstation App

Loving the ps4 version of Spotify, but if I don't want to game and listen to music , I'd love a visualizer for my TV screen.

Updated: 2016-04-16

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/PlayStation-Running-PlayStation-Visualiser/idi-p/1398441

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2015-04-16

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. ;)

IronMask75
Casual Listener

Cross-posted from this topic.

As a plasma TV owner and PlayStation 3 and 4 user, this was the first feature I looked for when I started up the Spotify app on the PS4. Image retention is still a problem for us plasma owners and the lack of a full-screen visualiser during music playback is a big drawback for me.

It doesn't really have to be anything really complicated; you could simply have the song's thumbnail pic move about the screen with the background dark or black; anything to avoid having that giant, bright white, static pause symbol in the middle of the screen.

thinKing
I approve this message
dprusk
I would definitely would like to see a sleek and wicked music visualization for the tv while I play music. Loving that you guys joined with ps4. Such a great idea. That's the only thing I can think of to add to this spectacular idea.
alessandro1000

it's a very good idea, i've got the same and i logged in just for send this thing

truhunter

Yes please!!!

After my first 15 min using the application I was looking for this feature, and found myself here about to suggest a screensaver/visualizer. 

crazydrumstick

I found a solution for screensaving :), go to you browser on ps4 and Search for webbased screen saver ps4. It's simpel and it works! But i support the idea for a built in option in the app.

Marscaleb

I am running this on my PS3, so the suggestions for playing a different program to create visuals does not work.  If I try to run another app, spotify quits.
I have nothing but a list of albumb covers burning into my plasma TV.  This makes the app efectively useless for me.

All I need is a black screen.  That's it.  Just make the screen fade to black after a minute, and then just display-then-fade the track info when the track changes.  This isn't complicated; that's all we need.  A full-screen visualization would be nice, but let's just get the screen to fade out for right now.

choemann

Make this happen, please. 

Dammit7
Definately a must. Would make the app better for parties too. Having a visulizer displaying on the screen while controlling the playlist by the phone app would be amazing! Oh and i am also a plasma screen user. Not sure why it hasnt been done yet. Since very old mp3 players such as Winamp, have had this ability since the 90's! Make it happen