[Web Player] Artist Page: 'Track List' View

The new layout for artists no longer lets you listen to their music album by album or view their entire discography (with playable tracks included). This was a wonderful feature of the previous version of Spotify and a mistake to remove.

There should be an option to view by thumbnail (as it is in the new layout) or list mode (like the old layout).

The purpose of this player should be to make listening to music and discovering new music as easy as possible, and some of the new aesthetic decisions are pretty but have removed essential functionality.

Screen Shot 2017-04-11 at 11.22.42 AM.png

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. ;)

jls1228

+Million for this feature to be reimplemented into the web player.  It was the most common way I listened to records on Spotify, and I really can't see the advantage of removing it in the last UI update.  A lot of other UI changes were vast improvements, but leaving out this view was not.  Bring it back!! 

BurdenedEmu

Spotify having removed "the list all songs by an artist" feature from the new web player is extremely frustrating. I listen at work and can't download the app. I used to be able to put on an artist I liked and listen all the way through their entire discography, or skip to a particular song on a different album easily and then come back. Now it is multiple steps, I have to move to the next album manually, and if there's a song I want to hear I have to guess which album it is on.  Please bring back the list of all songs when you click on an artist mode.

Sam178

Seriously, this is ridiculous! I can't comprehend why anyone would think this is good in any way... 

If the desire is to slim the interface, then just have a show/hide button for the track list!!!

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!