[Web Player] Bring back option to scrobble to last.fm

I really miss the feature to scrobble to last.fm from the new web interface as we were able to do so in the last one.

Please, bring it back!

Updated on 2018-03-03

It is now possible to scrobble your listened tracks directly through last.fm. You just need to link you account in the Application Settings page.

In my case, it took some time for the link to start working, but it does scrobble across every device you use to listen to Spotify, including the webplayer.

Also, if you use the scrobbler in the Spotify Desktop app, you need to turn it off or you'll see double scrobbles.

Hope it helps. :)

Screenshot from 2018-03-02 23-01-31.png

Comments
seanbickford
Casual Listener

https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/share_music/scrobble-to-last-fm/

"Settings" no longer available. 

"Account" provides no "social" option.

jdrake3

Why can't I upvote this?

dtse46s345serts

I was going sign up for premium but then these clowns ruined the web player. Now I never bother to log in or use spotify anymore.

Lex29

So sad they took this off with barely no explanation. Bring it back i missed it so much that i rarely use spotify nowdays

vytorfelix
Casual Listener

Please do it!

I alredy have opened a post, because there is no support for linux

so I can't listen on desktop and update my last.fm.

If at least I would to be able to do that on web player, it would be of great help!

hans-jürgen
Roadie

The new Spotify web player can be scrobbled with a browser extension for Chrome. This extension also works in Opera if you install the add-on Download Chrome Extension first. There also exists a version for Firefox, but not for Safari.

hans-jürgen
Roadie

There will be a better Spotify scrobbling method soon by Last.fm including all Spotify Connect devices (your mobile devices, Playstation, Xbox etc.) which is internally tested at the moment. This also means that you do not need the internal scrobbling option in Spotify apps or external browser extensions for the Spotify web player anymore. So you can finally scrobble even with IE, Edge or Safari which should come in handy for MS or MacOS users at work or school who cannot install anything else.

gioprimus
Music Fan

Great news @hans-jurgen, this appears to be exactly the sort the approach that I was advocating earlier on in this thread. I don't use the web player at all tbh, but I'm a keen user of a Bose SoundTouch 20 and I always use AirPlay with it so that scrobbling occurs at least from my connected mobile device (iPad or iPhone). If I could scrobble even when using the native Spotify app within the SoundTouch, I would bypass AirPlay which isn't yet flawlessly implemented by Bose (and/or Apple itself). See https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-iPad/Bose-SoundTouch-Scrobble-to-Last-fm/m-p/1662728#M76... for my post about the Bose devices.

P.S. While posting this comment with an intended mention of Hans-Jurgen (sorry for the misspelling but read further to understand why) I received the following odd error message: "The message body contains <insert-u-with-diaeresis-here>, which is not permitted in this community. Please remove this content before sending your post". This appears to be a plain bug.

hans-jürgen
Roadie

@gioprimus: I think you can simply add usernames here by typing the @ symbol which should bring up a dropdown list of recent posters in this thread where you can pick my username without having to type it.

The new Spotify Scrobbling (Beta) feature has been released last Wednesday, you can enable it on your Applications settings page in your Last.fm profile. This is the official announcement thread:

https://getsatisfaction.com/lastfm/topics/spotify-scrobbling-beta

I haven't read of someone trying it with Bose Soundtouch yet, but it should work as well. As you assumed, it is connected to your Spotify account via the Spotify API, but does not afford a Premium account. I have tested it with my free Spotify account on several computers and my Android phone switching from one device to the other without problems. You might get duplicate scrobbles while doing that though if you leave the internal scrobbling option of the Spotify apps enabled.

By the way, you do need a Premium account if you want to use the other Last.fm feature of direct playback of your personalised radios and track lists in Spotify apps.

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2018-03-03

It is now possible to scrobble your listened tracks directly through last.fm. You just need to link you account in the Application Settings page.

In my case, it took some time for the link to start working, but it does scrobble across every device you use to listen to Spotify, including the webplayer.

Also, if you use the scrobbler in the Spotify Desktop app, you need to turn it off or you'll see double scrobbles.

Hope it helps. :)

Screenshot from 2018-03-02 23-01-31.png