[Web Player] High Quality (320 kbps)

I want to revive this inactive idea.

My workplace does not allow the desktop player through the proxy.

I would live to enjoy 320 kbps, the primary reason I subscribe to Premium service.

Please click Kudos to give this idea some momentum!

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
blake
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2015-12-04

Marked as new idea. This is a repost of the following inactive idea.

dlibenzi

Same position. Cannot install for company security policy reasons, the Spotify app.

As Premium subscriber, I would like to have the option to activate 320kbps streaming through the web player.

dirtyred
Roadie

320 kbps sounds really nice but I don't know how useful it is for the majority of users. Many people won't notice a difference above 192 kbps (even 160 kbps) especially with a good pair of headphones but if the option would be there, it would make some users really happy.

dlibenzi

I scored a 100% (easily) in this test:

http://mp3ornot.com/

With USB out to an iFi iDSD Micro DAC+amp, and an MDR-7506 headphone.

nitramwin
Music Fan

This is also one of the reasons why I subscribe to premium. Great idea.

FabioNapodano
Regular

as a chromeos user, i cannot access to anything but web player. although being a premium user, then, I cannot take advantage of higher quality streaming

Hyde00

It's the same for me, I can't install any software at computer at work for security reasons.

I actually subscribe to Premium then found out that it didn't work at work (web player) then I unsubscribed.

So Spotify if you want my money please make this available !!!

Hopefully this will give them enough reason to consider it.

:p

risus
Casual Listener

As a paying user for 3 years I kind of see this as less of an idea (no offense) and more of missing functionality. Then again I don't know if there are limitations that are preventing this. Many streaming sites offer at least 720p video resolutions which I think are around 2000kbps? Could it be more of a pirating / proprietry problem that is holding this up?

Anyway..   chrome os user and kuddo'd

This cannot be difficult to implement and will not cost Spotify any more in bandwidth (since they already offer this on desktop and mobile). Many users must use Spotify web (e.g., ChromeOS, corporate policies) but are unable to stream high bit rate audio despite paying for Spotify premium. 

Would be thrilled to see this.

hedleylamarr88
Regular

This is not a new idea.  This is a defect and it needs to be fixed.  FYI Google Music is 320kbps in the browser (and there locker upload is way better than Spotifies local playlist sync).  If they get their gapless issue fixed I'll be movig over there. I am a paid Google subscriber as well as Spotify for testing purposes.  I would prefer to remain with Spotify as I like the UI better, and the desktop app option (which I can't use most of the time becasue it won't cast to chromecast, which is a Google problem), but function wins over form with me.