[Web Player] High Quality (320 kbps)

I want to revive this inactive idea.

My workplace does not allow the desktop player through the proxy.

I would live to enjoy 320 kbps, the primary reason I subscribe to Premium service.

Please click Kudos to give this idea some momentum!

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
senchang
Casual Listener

Amazon is at 256 kbps for the desktop player. It is night and day versus Spotify desktop at 160 kbps.  I am just waiting for their family plan to come out before switching.  

Typhoon859
Music Fan

Wy can't you guys implement such basic ideas/features to make your service better?  As a matter of fact, mostly I've seen functions/features actually REMOVED over the years!  What is wrong with you guys?  I really don't understand...  I'm not going to make a long-winded enraged comment like many others have around these forums (actually justified for the most part imo), but it just doesn't make sense.  Is the maintence cost really that high to have notifications working, give updates about new releases, keep the lyrics function, and have available the already existing high quality streams for premium users for the web player?  I'm literally yet to see any basic thing asked for followed through on.  Just freakin' do it!  Take a week at most and invest some minimal resources and you're done.  I mean really...

emertinsp
Casual Listener

Please do implement this. Reliability-wise, I find the web player to be 10 times better, as I usually am plagued by "Song is not available" messages in the desktop app, and dependency on Flash sucks. I lose hardware media buttons compatibility (play/pause, etc), but at least I can access any of my songs without issues pretty much always. 320 kbps was a main reason for me to go premium, which I'm now not getting.

senchang
Casual Listener

There is no justification to offering a lower bitrate for web player.  I use Bose Sport headbuds and the difference between the android app and the web app is night and day.  Amazon now offer 256 kbps and Google offers 320 kbps.  Just wait, they will eat Spotify's lunch in the next two years.

Typhoon859
Music Fan

Exactly!  And honestly, I really actually want Spotify to be the leaders on the music streaming front.  I think we all do.  In general the music industry doesn't need another platform to be diluted even further.  At the end of the day, it also just seems like Spotify would have the most incentive to truly try.  By all accounts however, it really seems like they truly haven't been..

I created this thread/post hoping tobring everyone's concerns together and possibly have them finally actually address everything: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Acceleration-of-Product-Features-amp-Better-Company-...

If you agree with making Spotify great again (without any allusion to anything else XD), perhaps we can try to grow support for the thread.

halix2000

Posting to let you know you just lost a customer. "Not right now" is not the same as "we have no plans to implement". You say not right now on every issue I have with your service. Issues that are Spotify limitations and Spotify limitations alone. Bitrate on web player. Audio device on the desktop player. These are BASICS to certain people. Not because they are just nice to have, but because all your competitors include it. If a standard is set and you want your company to succeed, you need to keep up. Just because NORMAL people don't use them in their busy lives doesn't mean you get to offer a subpar service and charge the same as your competitors who blow you out of the water in every way. Stay stuck up. You guys are dumb. My opinion.

user-removed
Not applicable

Agree, please provide better quality streaming. Songs cutting out as well as the player not updating to indicate the accurate song name and title is unacceptable as a premium member. 

raub1

bonjour, pas de haute qualité avec le lecteur web et pas de traduction des informations sur les artistes , je vais me désinscrire !

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!