[Web Player] High Quality (320 kbps)

I want to revive this inactive idea.

My workplace does not allow the desktop player through the proxy.

I would live to enjoy 320 kbps, the primary reason I subscribe to Premium service.

Please click Kudos to give this idea some momentum!

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
nitramwin
Music Fan

I'll post on this again... not supporting higher bitrate is a defect, a missing feature, a blemish. Please implement, spotify!

nvhoffman

I would love to see this implemented as well since I can't install the native app due to having Chrome OS.

augustoguerrero

I think that if they support a higher bitrate on the web, then the desktop client would be meaningless. But I would be very happy if they do anyways.

cantprefire

Great idea. I think it should be a implimented for premium members.

Spotify
Spotify
Status changed to: Not Right Now
Updated: 2016-04-25

Hey everyone, we don't have plans to implement this so we're marking this as 'Not Right Now'. Of course if there are any updates around having 320 kbps on the web player we'll let you know here. Thanks!

user-removed
Not applicable

I use Chromebook nowadays only and so have no option for Desktop app, so I needed to Cancel Spotify because of this. Why to pay for 320 kbps if I can't get it on laptop. Other provider coming with Chromebook works 320 kbps on Online page - so I pay for them. Wallet says it all.

user-removed
Not applicable

Hi there.

Good news.

Google is adding Android Play Store to Chromebooks and you can soon install Spotify app to it supporting 320 kbps.

https://chrome.googleblog.com/2016/05/the-google-play-store-coming-to.html

Hope this helps.

realpaulcash

With the adoption rate of Chromebooks going up, you must rectify this....Chromebook users cannot use the desktop app so we are not getting full use of our Premium accounts.

dlibenzi

I ended up going Google Play Music, which streams at 320Kbps on the web player, with Premium subscription.

For now I will keep them both, but I will eventually end up dropping Spotify if the test goes well.

AndKAG
Casual Listener

I honestly cannot understand how this isn't offered and it's kind of disgusting. It's a basic bit of functionality, and is available in the mobile and desktop apps. How is it not available in the website? I and may ohters can hear a clear difference between the quality settings. As a premium member this is a huge reason for being one, and the unavailability of it on the website is the only reason I am looking around for someone to switch to. Absolutley dire.

Why is it being marked as "Not right now"? This is an incredibly basic feature and is also a huge one. It is so incredibly dissapointing that this is the stance being taken on this most basic of features. A huge middle finger to a good chunk of your paying customers there Spotify.