[Web Player][Other] Sort podcast episodes by oldest-to-newest date on the Web Player.

Since podcasts are often serialized, being able to sort the episodes within a podcast playlist is important and "add-to-queuing" podcasts into the right order can be tedious. Proper sorting can be done through the Spotify app, but not through the web player. Some people can't use the Spotify app (unable to download programs to a work or school computer, for example) and only have the Web Player option.

Either implement a way to sort podcast episodes specifically by oldest-to-newest date, or allow users to save the sort order of the app and transition that sort order to the web player. So, if I were to sort a podcast playlist by oldest to newest on my Spotify app at home, I want to be able see that same sort order on my web player on my work computer.

Note: this idea is specifically about podcast episodes and specifically about sorting by date, since a sort by date feature is important to podcast listening. I'm not talking about the existing ideas that ask for sorting albums, drag-and-drop sorting of songs, or sorting Your Library. Just a simple ascending/descending date sort order.

Updated on 2019-07-12

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

A similar idea has also been suggested here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Web-Player-Select-Sorting-Options-for-the-Library/idi-p/...

We have also merged the votes from this idea to that original one. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here

Comments
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2019-07-12

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange.

A similar idea has also been suggested here: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Web-Player-Select-Sorting-Options-for-the-Library/idi-p/...

We have also merged the votes from this idea to that original one. More information about how the Spotify Idea Exchange works can be found: here