[Web Player] Remove tab limit

Please remove that annyoing

--- SNIP ---

So you've discovered the tab limit...
You've got too many tabs open. Close this one and continue listening.

--- SNAP ---

I try to discover new band and instead of that, Spotify is blocking me. So how shall I discover and enjoy fresh music, if Spotify blocks tabs. Thank for nothing!

Capture.JPG

Updated on 2019-10-18

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea again, in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-11-27

Marked as new idea.

ilovemusiq1
Casual Listener

Hi there. Have you finally been able to download the app?

Iangry
Regular

The same here. So annoyingly. 

spootyfy
Casual Listener

there is a heinous bug in this functionality, once that error appears about having too many tabs, even if you close all the tabs and log out and log back in again, the error still shows and you can no longer use spotify, this is completely ridiculous, i am amazed that they can let a humungous bug like this stay around.

the only solution is to either install the desktop spotify app or use the spotify app on a mobile device then the error goes away on the desktop web browser version. what a huge pain in the **bleep**.

Luffy2

my all songs gone i cant listen them now ;(

unseenlarks
Roadie

i'm a premium user, firefox/linux.

i absolutely agree with OP. this new "feature" is... annoying, to put it mildly. what is the point of the web client if we can't use it? example: i only have *one* additional tab open right now. *that* is considered as reaching the limit. a little bit too extreme, isn't it?

here's the problem that has so suddenly appeared. all of those "web browser" multiple instances are my one web browser. which i open and close every day.

2019-01-02_06.jpg

ilovemusiq1
Casual Listener

@Luffy2 if you have mistakenly deleted your playlist, you can still recover it. Go to ACCOUNT OVERVIEW window, select RECOVER PLAYLISTS, then use the RESTORE button to restore your playlist.

Cheers,
Ilovemusiq

leadmoderator
Casual Listener

The solution described in this community post, https://community.spotify.com/t5/Other-Partners-Web-Player-etc/So-you-ve-discovered-the-tab-limit/td..., will not work for me.  I don't have an app on my computer which is Linux.

I am unable to listen to any music on spotify.com.

I actually installed the "app" on my phone and it helped for a little while.  The problem has absolutely nothing to do with the browser or the browser cache.  It's something that only the "app" can fix...  The browser software apparently does not "know how" to fix it. 

So if you don't run the "app" once in a while, which I don't, then the problem continues, as it does now for me.  I've moved on to youtube.com.  spotify.com simply does _not work_.  duh!!!

I keep checking back, but it still does not work.

ravi9in

open spotify.com , goto Account Overview -> Click on Sign Out Everywhere . you're good to go.

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2019-10-18

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea again, in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!