What the &@#! happened to Radio Station based on playlist?!?!?!?!

Never been a huge fan of Spotify generated radio stations based on a song, album, or playlist but I do use it frequently.  They miss the mark but occasionaly provide good listeneing.  Skipping is there, so that's nice.  Then you have the thumbs up/thumbs down.  I refuse to hit the thumbs up button.  It adds the song to a playlist and that seems to be it.  The thumbs down button is completely useless.  I can sit for a few hours listening to a radio station and thumb down a song 5 times in that span.  WORTHLESS!

That has been my experience with spotify radio stations up until now.  Now things have become ridiculous. The songs that play on the radio station make zero sense.  I am listening to a radio station based on one of my playlists titled 'Winter 2015'.  Here is a link if you are curious:

http://open.spotify.com/user/1210402601/playlist/5tC6YvIZCxUqltJrixWwvT

The radio station insists on playing 10 year old rock mixed with, for some reason, some really bad hip-hop.  It almost never plays any of the songs in the playlist.  It also seems to exclude the majority of the artists included in the playlists.  Instead it seems to play a lot of already established artists unrelated to the playlist in excess.  Bands like Keane, Coldplay, and The Strokes own the station and none of those bands have a song in the playlist.  I have some new Noel Gallager so the station plays a bunch of Oasis, which I don't want on this station.  I have 2 new songs from The Wombats and they never sneak in an occasional Wombat song.  There are 14 artists out of 25 in the playlist that get zero recognition with either songs from that artist or songs similar to the songs in the playlist. 

Hello and thanks for your feedback!

For a better/more relevant radio experience, please also add your feedback in this topic, which the developers will regularly check out in order to improve the radio function. Thanks. ;)

You can contact Spotify also directly via official contact form.

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Case Closed

Hello and thanks for your feedback!

For a better/more relevant radio experience, please also add your feedback in this topic, which the developers will regularly check out in order to improve the radio function. Thanks. ;)

You can contact Spotify also directly via official contact form.