[Windows] Metro App

Windows 8 Consumer Preview is going to be released in February 29th.

Will you at Spotify have your app ready for download until then do we have to wait until Windows 8 is released?

Updated on 2017-10-26

Hi everyone. Thanks to everyone for their contribution to this thread. We really appreciate it. In the interest of full disclosure, we’d like to share with you the status of this request.

We're confirming we aren't building a Metro App for Spotify. For this reason we're going to mark this as "Case Closed".

However we've noticed this thread has lots of users posting various questions about Windows 10 or Desktop issues. If you have another Windows 10 question or idea please post another thread so we can get back to you with a response. Thank you!

Comments
imdmill

Thinking more about it now, I feel that waiting for the Kudos to get high on this to act would be a mistake on Spotify's part.  The reason the Kudos are so low right now is because most people aren't tech nerds who go ahead and install more or less beta operating systems onto their computers.  However, in October, when the release drops, and people begin to upgrade, or buy new computers that are preloaded with Windows 8, I expect you'll see this number shoot up pretty rapidly as people will expect a Spotify app that fits into the functionality of their OS.  It would be nice if you guys were ahead of the curve with this one.

(and if you need beta testers, I'm sure most of us on this thread would volunteer Smiley Wink)

dDoffen

Windows 8 is now RTM and will hit the mass market October 26. Time to go metro, Spotify.

shadowr

Would also love to see this; sooner rather than later.

Radioboy1996

NOW! Sportify, NOW!

neo-x
Community Legend

When it really hits the customers, I think its time to have the Metro addon. Surely I hate the Metro system myself.

Only way it's usefull is with a touch screen. Anyways, Kudoed.

dDoffen

I don't agree with neo-x, I've been using Windows 8 Pro for about a week now, and I'm actually quite satisfied by it. I also have no problem using the “metro” interface with M+K. So I see no reason to hate it, well if you seriously dislike change than maybe you are obligated to hate it.

Short: I LOVE IT.

neo-x
Community Legend

I'v been using it from the beta versions on Virtual Machine, and I just don't see the point of the UI unless you have a touchscreen. Using it everyday with a mouse and keyboard no touchscreen - no point. Anyways have to see how stuff work out if I put it to my multimedia PC and start using it as primary OS. Anyways Sure Win8/Metro addon should be available as soon as the OS comes out on computers etc.

dDoffen

When I look at my start screen I see several things: calendar, stocks, news, people/messaging (Facebook) and mail. I’ve design my start screen with apps and tiles that are important to me, and just with a simple glance I will know what’s going on with the stuff that interests me. This is what makes Windows 8 so intuitive for me.

jmenard

I would love one. I got Windows 8 early  (msdn subscription) ITS AWESOME but i want my own spotify app / live tile

user-removed
Not applicable

Hey folks!

There is no news about Windows 8 app at all. Keep an eye on blog, here you can find all new stuff.

Also watch this space for updates from Spotify.