[Windows] Metro App

Windows 8 Consumer Preview is going to be released in February 29th.

Will you at Spotify have your app ready for download until then do we have to wait until Windows 8 is released?

Updated on 2017-10-26

Hi everyone. Thanks to everyone for their contribution to this thread. We really appreciate it. In the interest of full disclosure, we’d like to share with you the status of this request.

We're confirming we aren't building a Metro App for Spotify. For this reason we're going to mark this as "Case Closed".

However we've noticed this thread has lots of users posting various questions about Windows 10 or Desktop issues. If you have another Windows 10 question or idea please post another thread so we can get back to you with a response. Thank you!

Comments
Gurglemuf
Music Fan

Windows 10 Universal app please.

meillonchazaro

windows 10 app is urgent

repentsinner
Casual Listener

4+ years, 2500+ votes, and a 'not right now' status? This is embarrassing @meahtenoha. You're user id #31 and have been a member on the forum since 2012-01-20. This topic was added less than a month later, on 2012-02-19. The introduction of Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 has long since come and gone, and the main Spotify Windows app is still targeting Windows 7 which was launched in 2009?

Whoever added the #spotifydoesn'tcare tag is brilliant. I've updated all of the threads I'm following with this, as it's clear that the development team doesn't. Here's to someone eating your lunch without you noticing.

Thanks for considering Spotify Team!

Spotify
Spotify
Status changed to: Not Right Now
Updated: 2016-12-14

Hi everyone. We're back to confirm we aren't building a Metro App for Spotify. However we've noticed this thread has lots of users posting various questions about Windows 10 or Desktop issues--not just the Metro App. If you have another Windows 10 question or idea please post another thread so we can get back to you with a response. Thank you!

repentsinner
Casual Listener

Great news, thanks @meahtenoha!

Maybe Windows 11 or 12 will strike your fancy a little more - or heck, you're right, Windows 7 truly was good enough for everyone since desktop computing is dead anyway.

DookD

Am tryng to install app on new Windows 10 computer.

The Login is greyed out and unresponsive after I enter Username and password.

It works fine on other gadjets.

larisrodre

I can't make the download of app on my windows 8 desktop

Spotify
Spotify
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2017-10-26

Hi everyone. Thanks to everyone for their contribution to this thread. We really appreciate it. In the interest of full disclosure, we’d like to share with you the status of this request.

We're confirming we aren't building a Metro App for Spotify. For this reason we're going to mark this as "Case Closed".

However we've noticed this thread has lots of users posting various questions about Windows 10 or Desktop issues. If you have another Windows 10 question or idea please post another thread so we can get back to you with a response. Thank you!