Announcements

Having trouble seeing your Wrapped stories? To fix this, update the Spotify app to the latest version.

Find more info on our community FAQ.

[Windows Phone] Auto Resume when reconnected to Bluetooth

Hi, I have a Lumia 930/Icon so first up please bring feature parity to wp8.

I tried it out with in car Bluetooth audio and compared spotify with xbox music app. Spotify had far greater sound quality (aptX being used or something). Kudos there.

Now: My idea is that not only should Spotify resume when you return to the car, but it should resume whatever was playing on any of your other devices in the time you were away from the car. Ie. Integrate spotify connect with better Bluetooth audio behaviour around cars.

I understand you may not want Spotify to auto resume in a home perhaps, but it is natural in a car. Other apps get it right, so it must be possible. I leave it to you. Thanks!

Let us know if this is prevented by limitations in windows phone so we can hit up MS to open up what is required.

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated: 2016-05-08

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Marco
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea and edited the idea to let it focus on 1 idea.
A similar idea for Android has been suggested here.

arpaterson
The idea here is not just better Bluetooth integration like the android thread but specifically Spotify connect to work with better Bluetooth behavior. Optionally playing a playlist or using Spotify connect could be great.

Marco
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated: 2016-05-08

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!