Announcements

[Windows] Universal App for Windows 10 (UWP)

Hi!

Posting this now so that when Windows 10 realeses for lots of devices it would be great to have an spotify app from the beginnning this time!

Miss the Spotify app on my Surface and on my xbox and the app on WP 8.1 is a bit laggy..

Cheers!  

Updated on 2021-07-29

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

After reviewing this idea again, we will be closing it.  The reason for this is that quite some time has passed since its submission and a lot has changed since then. For one thing, we now offer an Xbox app.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

Comments
EmcTolis
If you put a local mp3 on a list on Spotify on your pc and you open Spotify on your Android phone or tablet while on same wifi. Spotify will download on your phone the mp3 on the list to your phone.

[Image]

[Image]

grahamf

At this point it might be easier to forgoe the UWP app and request that Spotify migrate to PWA for all platforms - that way making a Windows variant simply requires adding the PWA version to the Store and it updates when the rest of the apps update.

mjfjesus
As long as this PWA leverages a desktop form factor, as well as tablet and phone, I would be OK with that.
FloydW
Well that was very clever, with the download to a playlist on my Surface tablet first then the subsequent playlist sync and download on my Pixel phone. It worked exactly like I wanted. Thank you!
catpitalist

Windows 10 or Spotify, not sure who's to blame for the RAM spike when closing the Spotify Win32 application as well as the windows store app version (thus crashes the entire system). Perhaps by porting it to UWP the problem will disappear.

saberraider

hello there ! in this new version of spotify1.0.80.474 can't scrobble to last fm ...

leswas

now not work on Windows 10 mobile 

5.2.4.0 when i push Play button automatic close cover view.

what to do? install few times and i have still this problem

psmiano123

It's good that's available, but it's for PC only. No love for Mobile. At some point the phone will die, but it would be nice to have an option. 

Henkk

Come on Spotify, fix this Windows 10 Mobile app and include Connect support. If you claim to be the best experience on all platform you should be creating Universal Apps or PWA's that run on ALL devices.