Announcements

Having trouble seeing your Wrapped stories? To fix this, update the Spotify app to the latest version.

Find more info on our community FAQ.

[Windows] Universal App for Windows 10 (UWP)

Hi!

Posting this now so that when Windows 10 realeses for lots of devices it would be great to have an spotify app from the beginnning this time!

Miss the Spotify app on my Surface and on my xbox and the app on WP 8.1 is a bit laggy..

Cheers!  

Updated on 2021-07-29

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

After reviewing this idea again, we will be closing it.  The reason for this is that quite some time has passed since its submission and a lot has changed since then. For one thing, we now offer an Xbox app.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

Comments
kossanjohan

Cmon, release a universal app with support for hdpi.

t0omas900

the desktop app is everything but touch-friendly, so please spotify, a universal windows app is worth the effort. Hardly any windows pc is sold without a touchscreen these days, so why not make an app that gives us a real touch-friendly experience? If you want to stay ahead of competitors this is the right play, instead of - imho - meaningless things like changing the logo color..

emirilgun

Just make spotify downloadeble from Windows 10 store, ıt wıll do the work for you to make phones better. Or just use Project Astoria..

sigutatch

@emirilgun no, merely packaging an x86 app for the windows store does nothing except sandbox the program and make sure tha upon uninstall it is 100% gone. Such an app can not run on ARM and does not work on windows mobile. Nor does it change any of your UI, so next to no benefits as spotify already has a good uninstaller that cleans up after itself. 

As to Project Astoria, please don't. Project Astoria doesn't run on desktops for one, so it'd only be a phone app. Secondly, you have millions of users on desktop of windows 10, that should be enough to put the engineering effort in to make a native app.

jesperbj

This NEEDS to happen if they want to me to stay as a consumer.

The app is kinda broken on Windows mobile now. It's extremely sluggish, lacks feature and full of bugs (return button not always working, songs stop out fo nowhere, etc).

The app really needs an update

Valantar

Given that a universal app would simplify and unify development for windows PCs, tablets and phones as well as Xbox, this should be a no-brainer. Sure, the desktop app would be necessary for W7/XP laggards, but are you really going to prioritize a change-averse soon-to-be minority as opposed to supporting a futuristic and incredibly smart development concept?

vitorgrs

Please, we need a universal app for desktop, tablets, mobile and Xbox One.

One code, a lot of platforms 🙂

Loyalty

I'm surprised that it's already September and this idea has still not come to fruitition. Common, Spotify...

Spoiler
 Pandora already has this **bleep** goin'.
christosjwz

Give this post kudo's !!!