Announcements

Having trouble seeing your Wrapped stories? To fix this, update the Spotify app to the latest version.

Find more info on our community FAQ.

[Windows] Universal App for Windows 10 (UWP)

Hi!

Posting this now so that when Windows 10 realeses for lots of devices it would be great to have an spotify app from the beginnning this time!

Miss the Spotify app on my Surface and on my xbox and the app on WP 8.1 is a bit laggy..

Cheers!  

Updated on 2021-07-29

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange.

After reviewing this idea again, we will be closing it.  The reason for this is that quite some time has passed since its submission and a lot has changed since then. For one thing, we now offer an Xbox app.

More info on why your idea has been closed can be found here.

Comments

I would like to see a UWP desktop app. I don't use a windows phone, so I don't care so much that there's not UWP for phone, but I just want to see  UWP PC app. I mean cmon, it woul dmake the app SO much faster and more stable. The current app is so slow and over bearing. PLEASE SPOTIFY. 

Wevenhuis

I agree.

Henkk

Couldn't agree more.

tkbide

I agree

vleitzgen

100% agreed. A fast, flawless UWP app in the Windows 10 Store (PC, Xbox) with greatest interaction design possible would change the game. Otherwise we will all change to Deezer or others  . 

thomasbh

"not right now" : is that serious Spotify ? More than 4000 upvotes and 133 pages of comments for that ? Come on. UWP is actually taking place right now. Windows 10 is now the most used and installed OS worldwide. Perhaps it's time to listen to your users and current trends ?

Thank you.

xysio1984

Hello All :).

I've got a problem with my Spotify app on my Microsoft Lumia 650 phone.

Searching option is not working correctly, every start of app is unsubscribing some bands and it don't displaing a album covers while playing.

Thank You for any answer !

Have a nice day !

WinMobile-User

Come on SPOTIFY,

where's the problem to fix such a problem? Everybody tell me that you are agile-methodes for programing, so you can solve problems with in few days.

So what the **bleep** is the reason that you couldn't fix the search-problem in the Win 10 Mobile-app ???

ryanspice
they don't care
nkurec0wpkov39t

recently in india spotify has arrived , and i was also thinking about to take the premium membership ,but on seeing this i ll continue my music experience with JIOSAAVN (saavn) who is giving best experience for windows phone users even on 8.1 x line up ......