[Xbox] Screensaver for XBOX App

I like to just listen to music and enjoy relaxing, sometimes just to fall asleep to music with it playing. There's one issue with that. Using the Spotify feature on Xbox is amazing but leaving it is a problem as it can burn onto my screen so having a screen saver feature, for example even the logo just bouncing around on a black background or colourful sequences being played for the people who just want to listen music and chill back without the worry of screen burning

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-08-13

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

P.S: More information about how the ideas exchange works can be found here.

Comments
Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2017-08-24

Marked as new idea.

XboxKaneda

10000% agree with this. Please make a screensaver of some sort. Anything will be acceptable just to prevent burn in

Joshuo

This is what's keeping me from going premium. I use my Xbox as my main music player throughout the day. Microsoft Groove does this brilliantly, it cycles full screen pictures of the band/artist now playing in the background. The  album art has no border and the UI also auto hide so the border or single buttons can't burn into the screen. Having the screen simply go black after 30 seconds without input would be acceptable too! The screen could pop up the song info for 5-10 seconds when a new one starts and then go totally black again.

Mr-Shankly

Yes! A screen saver is a must. Groove music had one. I don't understand why spotify dosnt. I don't listen to spotify much on my xbox because I don't want to ruin my tv

Mbrooks78

Yes, just purchased an oled TV, but I can't leave it on the app screen while it's running because it would definitely cause burn in. Xbox's built in screen dim does not work while the app is running. Please add a Screensaver option

rnnbaugh

Yeah, I wont buy premium until this is a feature. 

@haribomonsterx wrote:
I like to just listen to music and enjoy relaxing, sometimes just to fall asleep to music with it playing. There's one issue with that. Using the Spotify feature on Xbox is amazing but leaving it is a problem as it can burn onto my screen so having a screen saver feature, for example even the logo just bouncing around on a black background or colourful sequences being played for the people who just want to listen music and chill back without the worry of screen burning

Dreamdan
Casual Listener

Hi!

So, is there any screensaver for Xbox One app in a near future?

So sad to not be able to use Spotify on Xbox just to listen to music and not gaming.

Please save our screen!!!

A premium reason not to get a premium account!!!

Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-08-13

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

P.S: More information about how the ideas exchange works can be found here.

Related Ideas