[Your Library] Add back ability to list all artists that you've saved any songs from

Please add a toggle in the Artists tab to switch between "followed artists" and "all artists in my library".

Someone already posted about this feature request, but it was INCORRECTLY marked as a duplicate.

The library update for Android a while ago made the Artists tab only include followed artists . This means that there is no longer a way to view a list of all artists that you've saved songs from. I like to play music by choosing an artist from my library and hitting play, but I can no longer scroll through my saved artists (artists who I've saved at least one song from, NOT to be confused with artists who I've manually followed) to browse my library. With 2,000+ songs in my library, I now have no way to efficiently browse my own music.

Updated on 2021-03-23

Hello there!

It looks like your idea was posted a while ago but, unfortunately, it hasn't gathered the minimum amount of votes to stay active in the Ideas Exchange (50 votes in the first 3 months). I'll mark your idea as "Closed - Not Enough Votes". You can learn more on how the Ideas Exchange works here.

Have a nice day 🙂

Comments
Jose_M
Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2020-11-06

Marked as a new idea. Thanks for bringing your suggestions to the Spotify Community 🙂

You can find more info on how the Ideas Exchange is handled here.

21eccajd4
Casual Listener

I honestly really miss this feature. I have a long list of songs saved to my library and browsing this list is tedious.

atriuum
Visitor

Yeah, a small thing but it makes life so much easier.

Jonbones
Visitor

Having a chronological list of each artist of your liked songs was lovely and quite easy to find artists (ie you could remember the artist but not the song title).  You can't even get a result from the search bar within the artist tab. Why even have an artist tab when only 20-50 out of lord knows how many on mobile?? Then on desktop I have only 9 artists that show up...

Listen to the people. This topic seems to be heavily requested and should be reverted.  It's a load of horse radish.

Jose_M
Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Updated on 2021-03-23

Hello there!

It looks like your idea was posted a while ago but, unfortunately, it hasn't gathered the minimum amount of votes to stay active in the Ideas Exchange (50 votes in the first 3 months). I'll mark your idea as "Closed - Not Enough Votes". You can learn more on how the Ideas Exchange works here.

Have a nice day 🙂

jonny00490
Music Fan

This idea has been previously requested multiple times, but marked as implemented by Spotify here (https://community.spotify.com/t5/Implemented-Ideas/Your-Library-Bring-back-Artist-page-that-contains...)

The request has not been implemented how users have asked.

When you used to click on Artists, you could see ALL your artists from songs you have liked/saved, now you only see ones you favourite/follow.

When I want to browse my artists I want to have the option to view all artists from all liked songs, not just the select few that I have opted to follow. This used to be the default view from Spotify and I much preferred it.

Please at least bring it back as an optional view.

ChicagoBoost
Visitor

When I am in the "Your Library" section, regardless of which version (mobile app, desktop app, browser-based), I would like to be able to scroll through ALL artists of which I've saved at least 1 song. It would appear that the only way for artists to show up in "Your Library" in the current UI is if I "FOLLOW" that artist (A lot of users previously reserved the "follow" option only for active artists or those who they REALLY like). With this unexpected change, am I now expected to go through my list of saved artists and follow each of them? But doing so would render the "follow" feature completely meaningless.

As a SUPPLEMENTARY aspect of the UI, users should be able to flag certain artists as "Favorites" if they wanted to only skim through artists to whom they listen most frequently or saved many songs (or use "Following" as a filter to serve the same purpose). These are basic, crucial UI features that have been around for 15+ years that you removed for no apparent reason.

This is absolutely absurd and I would argue it is taking away streaming royalties from many smaller/newer artists. If I am in the mood to listen to a very specific artist, I WILL SEARCH FOR THAT ARTIST or make a playlist featuring that artist. This was part of one of the previous UIs and without it, I am so ready to cancel my subscription.

ENOUGH OF THE UI CHANGES JUST FOR THE SAKE OF CHANGE! The older UI was fine.

Ed-wales

My idea - Spotify listen to their customers. 

I believe that respecting and listening to customers is a brand new concept for Spotify, ground breaking almost. 

For example - Spotify app used to have an 'Artists' list within the Library where a list of artists was kept, which when tapped on, gave you your list of saved songs from that artist. 

It was brilliant, just like a library organised by artists in A-Z, logical and sensible. 

You could be uninspired, scroll through your list of artists and then play your favourite music by that artist, or add it to your next up play list etc. 

Spotify have since removed this list and created some sort of magic bubble page under artists which doesn't take you straight to the liked songs list, rather you've got to navigate through the artists main page, locate your liked songs list and then play them. 

This negative downgrade has been attempted as far back as 2019 with complaints coming in through their 'community' site. Obviously, they've implemented this naff idea anyway without regard for people using their App. This clearly demonstrates Spotify app developers are not regarding their end users, rather some brain fart that somebody in the company incorrectly thinks is useful. There are multiple similar 'ideas' posted very recently, which are just closed out - This is people complaining about this new software, not trying to make new ideas but you seem to refuse to hear complaints. 

Spotify, please remember to listen to the opinions of your customers - get rid of this stupid 'community' idea, allow proper feedback and bring back a logical library methodology. 

oaksey91
Music Fan

In library, have a section which will display all Artists from ALL liked songs.

Artists only show when they are being 'followed' which means the filter is pretty pointless and will not show a lot of Artists unless you follow every single artist you like a song from. For example, if you unfollow all your followed Artists, the filter disappears.

The Artist filter should show all Artists from all liked songs, which would be a much suitable way to filter through and find previous liked songs from Artists without having to scroll through thousands of songs in the 'liked songs' folder.

Example attached from Apple Music which display all Artists from liked songs.

Screenshot_20210731-173936_Apple Music.jpg
Oztaffy
Visitor

I would like to see a function that displays my library content under “Artist”. I’m rather surprised this hasn’t been done before.